Which games are/are not widescreen

Sharbysyd

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2008
After reading some reviews online, I notice that some games are widescreen and some are not.

I was wondering which ones are widescreen and which ones are not.

Thanks.

Sharbysyd said:
After reading some reviews online, I notice that some games are widescreen and some are not.

I was wondering which ones are widescreen and which ones are not.

Thanks.
Pretty much all of them are.

In Mario Party 8, the part when you're on the board is 4:3, but all the minigames are Widescreen. :yesnod:

FRuMMaGe said:
Pretty much all of them are.

In Mario Party 8, the part when you're on the board is 4:3, but all the minigames are Widescreen. :yesnod:

why would they make a game with some elements in 4:3 and some in 16:9 ?

Es

SAVAGE420 said:
Ssx blur is not ....but who cares as the game kicks ass...

SSX Blur is widescreen- it is on my HD TV at least...displayed in 16:9.

I picked it up for $19.99 yesterday and wow the game is fantastic. Tons of fun. The ubertricks are really hard, but aside from that, the game and wii mote controls are a blast- especially for multiple players.

This was bugging me. I got a new 52" LCD HDTV and component cables for the Wii, and I set the Wii for 16:9 and 480p, but none of my games were in widescreen. Even the menu was still 4:3. The tv was reporting that it was getting a 480p 4:3 input. The picture sure looked like 4:3 too.

Finally, I hit the "PIC SIZE" button on my TV remote. I changed the tv from Natural to Full. Then I got true 16:9. It's not stretched, everything is now in proper proportion.

Looking back, the circles on the Wii menu looked a little skinny. I'm glad I figured this out.

dalesd said:
This was bugging me. I got a new 52" LCD HDTV and component cables for the Wii, and I set the Wii for 16:9 and 480p, but none of my games were in widescreen. Even the menu was still 4:3. The tv was reporting that it was getting a 480p 4:3 input. The picture sure looked like 4:3 too.

Finally, I hit the "PIC SIZE" button on my TV remote. I changed the tv from Natural to Full. Then I got true 16:9. It's not stretched, everything is now in proper proportion.

Looking back, the circles on the Wii menu looked a little skinny. I'm glad I figured this out.

YUPP!! For some reason some TVs read the Wii as 4:3 even after changing the Wii settings to 16:9.
Funny, I was about to reply and tell you how to fix the problem until I read the middle of your post. Glad you could figure this out.

Back