Wii and widescreen

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
My HDTV
http://reviews.cnet.com/Sony_KDF_E60A20/4507-6484_7-31304866.html?tag=sub

one thing I've noticed while playing games on the PS2 and TV is that widescreen sucks... When ever I go to any mode (besides normal which leaves empty space) the text and general quality gets toned down a good bit... zoom, full, widezoom, doesn't matter.... the TV looks great for shows and movies but not so for games as of yet

will the Wii have true widescreen support, is there ven such a thing?

Wii has the ability to play games in 16:9 widescreen which is the standard (there is a setting in the Settings section of Wii's menu which allows you to set it to 16:9), but you will only have widescreen in games that are programmed to use it. Wii also is capable of Progressive Scan, but again, the programmers must implement support for it. It's known that the majority of Wii games support both Progressive Scan and Widescreen; to enjoy these features you'll need a component video cable of course, which Nintendo will price around $30 and it will only be available through their online store, but some third parties may make ones that are sold in stores.

Great post Nate!:yesnod:

Do all the games games in my sig support widescreen?

don't want to buy any games that look like **** on big ass tv:ciappa:

StevenNevets said:
Great post Nate!:yesnod:

Do all the games games in my sig support widescreen?

don't want to buy any games that look like **** on big ass tv:ciappa:
Thanks.:D And yes, all those games support both progressive scan and widescreen. If you don't believe me, just search on google "ign wii [insert game name] widescreen" and on most of them, it says it right in the preview.

It's nice Nintendo and third party developers are finally supporting those who have nice widescreen TVs.

Back