Heres the facts:

Ipod Shuffle

£55
240 Songs

Ipod Nano

£99
£500

I dunno which to get...
Ipod Shuffle won't fit all my songs on (Nano won't either) so I fit about 230 of the songs I like and can alternate it

Ipod Nano will let me add all my good songs so I barley have to put more on

I have no job lol just my EMA so which is better?

Ignore it when it says how meny songs it holds go by how meny gigs it is
But look around at other mp3 players there will be better deals out there (local Asda £49 for a gig one)

If your looking for money/gig, don't look at Ipods. Good but expensive if you know anything about mp3 players in general. I gotta 8 GB Creative Zen MicroPhoto for US$150

I firmly believe that the Ipod is destroying today's youth. I can't even ride my bike without an ignorant **** getting in my way and being COMPLETELY oblivious to me when I say, "Excuse me."

Example of me trying to ride my bike past someone who is completely oblivious to the rest of the world.

"Excuse me."

No response.

"EXCUSE me."

No response.

"EXCUSE ME."

No response... so this time, I bike off the curb and glare back at him/her.

Dumb ****.

Last edited:
No thats the new craprock
DOWN WITH THE LIKES OF LINKEN PARK
zepplin for ever

i didnt read anyone elses thing.

but if you can get a video. its worth it.

or if not. get a nano.

I have nearly 60GB of music, but only have a 6GB iPod mini. Why? well whats the point in carring it all around, when i only need a small amount at any one time.

Gaz said:
I have nearly 60GB of music, but only have a 6GB iPod mini. Why? well whats the point in carring it all around, when i only need a small amount at any one time.

Thats helpful :)

I got about 800 songs I actually listen to frequenty and the Shuffle says it fits 240. But it will fit more I think depending on the song size. Though I have 8min metallica songs. I'll look around though I like re-chargeable MP3 players batteries are annoying. VERY!

Don't get an iPoo unless you are looking to pose with it.
There are plenty of other brands that are better,but don't have quite the same street credibility. The Creative Zen V+ is supposed to be pretty good. The only real advantage of the iPoo is the range of accessories available.

Wii_Smurf, you say you have about 800 songs you actually listen to. Well it just depends, do you want to be limited to only 800 songs or would you rather not hear the same song twice for at least a few days? Personally, I'd say get a big enough iPod to hold at least twice as much music you already have. I remember when I got my first iPod, one of the first iPod minis, and at the time I only had 40 songs. Yes, 40!!! When I got to 500 I thought I really had quite a collection, but then this girl at my work showed me she had a little over 1000! I began listening to more and more artists and types of music and soon enough, my iPod mini was filled up; it actually only held about 850 songs of mine because many were high quality and lengthy. After filling it up, which took about a year or two, I bought a laptop and since then I've been using it as my mp3 player. Now I have nearly 3000 songs, around 12GB, and I'm guessing it will double when I have some time to download more songs.

Wow, so my point is give yourself some growing room.

Stay away from the iPod shuffle. Seriously, I do not get why people buy them. They have no display, so all you are doing is shuffling and you can't find any song other than by pressing the ff button a million times, or 250 times I guess. If you're going with a nano, go for the 8GB version which will hold 1600-2000 songs depending on the average length of song you have and how they are encoded; if you can, convert all your songs to 128-160kbps mp3 files, unless you have really expensive headphones that would allow you to hear the difference. Most of my music is 160kbps mp3s and I have $100 earbuds (v-moda vibes if you're wondering) and I can't hear any difference between my files and the original CD. On the other hand, if you are going to go for the 4GB version, you could get the last gen nano from Apple refurbished for $150 - source.

Make sure to shop around for your iPod, which ever you get. You can get iPods cheaper from places like newegg.com and compare prices at pricegrabber.com

Hope that wasn't too much info.:D

Back