Who's getting Super Paper Mario?

Scuba Steve

WiiChat Member
Jan 10, 2007
I wasn't too excited about this one at first because I haven't played any of the previous Paper Mario games and assumed this was another RPG. Some EB Games employee was trying to sell me on a pre-order, to which I said I'll wait for the next 'true' Mario game, Mario Galaxy. He said that SPM is the next installment of the classic Mario series from the NES, SNES, and DS. So I looked into it a little more and I think this game will be pretty good. So my questions are...

1. Which is the next 'true' Mario game, SPM or Galaxy?
2. Will SPM be more like Mario 2 or Mario 3 from the NES?

This is the First Mario wii game, from what I've seen it looks to be like a classic Mario game where you jump on guys and they die, I have not seen one bit of game play that makes this game even look RPG.

No idea, but I'm not a Paper Mario fan so I probably won't get it.

Last edited:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for Gamecube was the best game I have ever played. Super Paper Mario doesn't look like it follows the Paper Mario style, so there is no chance I will buy it. It looks more like a Mario Platformer than a RPG. In PM:TTYD you entered battle when you ran into an enemy. You took turns and you could decide to jump on an enemy, whack with hammer, use items and other stuff. You could also guard by pressing A when an enemy is about to attack you. You could also Superguard by pressing B that will damege them and you will recive no damege, but a Superguard is harder to get. Plus in Super Paper Mario you won't have partners! I know! partners put together most of the story so if you don't have partners the game will not be as good and you will die a lot more! So Super Paper Mario doesn't look very good. get Super Mario Galaxy insted.

Super Mario Galaxy might be the 2nd game I will give a 10.0 rating.

hmmm it sounds weird that you won't be getting Super Paper Mario, Nfanboy, even though it doesn't follow Paper Mario's story, it's still a Mario game and I thought you would get it...I probably will since I like Mario's platformers

Back