Why are people bidding $80 to $177(or more) for genuine Wii component video cables?

SoupCamera

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
I typed "Wii component" on a popular auction site. It returned 37 results.

For a genuine Wii component video cable, people are bidding anywhere from $80 to $177, or even more... (genuine, as in the cable originally came from Nintendo, not a third-party)

Normally, I would be making some kind of funny comment about this... but I'm just left speechless right now...

Edit: this actually make people who paid $3000 for PS3 look good... :D

Last edited:
Why do you actually care? Their money... if they thing it's very intelligent to spend so much money on that cable, why not.

Tell me about it....... Nintendo could have avoided this with some natural intuition..... all that innovation with the new remote & system..... and they wern't smart enough to provide their 1st round wii purchasers with proper accessories.....

Nintendo is totally short changing their customers, and they are short changing themselves..... period

They should make their own like this guy :lol:

wiicomp.jpg

http://nfggames.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2363&view=findpost&p=15874

considering *most* people (non audio/videophiles) don't even own a TV that accepts component cables, Nintendo was smart to include proper composite cables. that way most people (and the wii is targeted at most people, not HD videophile junkies) can actually play their wii when they get home.

what *I* can't believe is how mad it's making people they can't get these cables! I can understand them overpaying for something, they've done that already with HDTV's which could very well be useless in the near future, since an actual standard has yet to be agreed upon, and there are TV's in production in Japan that far outmatch even 1080p.

just have fun with it. that's what it's for.

Why is it so wrong that we want to get the MOST out of the product we purchased?

What is so wrong with that?

And implying that we over paid for HDTV's..... sounds like the jealous guy that can't afford an HDTV and a $50.00 antenna to get 720p or 1080i HDTV broadcasts. 16x9 HDTV is sweet man......

I got a beautiful 57inch HDTV for under a grand.... so don't tellme I overpaid..... LOL

And if technology is so worthless.... go back and play the origional NES and leave the Wii lovers alone... :)

Yeah man..... he built his own component setup.... then when the cables come out... bam throw the jerry rig away.....

jus. said:
considering *most* people (non audio/videophiles) don't even own a TV that accepts component cables, Nintendo was smart to include proper composite cables. that way most people (and the wii is targeted at most people, not HD videophile junkies) can actually play their wii when they get home.

what *I* can't believe is how mad it's making people they can't get these cables! I can understand them overpaying for something, they've done that already with HDTV's which could very well be useless in the near future, since an actual standard has yet to be agreed upon, and there are TV's in production in Japan that far outmatch even 1080p.

just have fun with it. that's what it's for.
Actually, I know a lot of people that will go out and buy a TV for it's price tag (on the high end, because they know if it's expensive, it's good). Almost all TV's made now (other than very small screens) accept component cables, especially high-end ones.

No offense to you guys, but Nintendo should have done exactly what Microsoft did. Put both Component and Composite cables into one cable... that wya you please both of your audiences without forcing people that want 480p capabilities to pay extra money. It's really kind of rediculous.

ABC said:
No offense to you guys, but Nintendo should have done exactly what Microsoft did. Put both Component and Composite cables into one cable... that wya you please both of your audiences without forcing people that want 480p capabilities to pay extra money. It's really kind of rediculous.

I agree... the very LEAST that should have been done......*to accomodate for demand* would have been to allow us to pre order it *like at gamestop* when I pre ordered my Wii.....

I have no sympathy for Nintendo's lack of respect for anybody who wants to get 100% of what the system has to offer.

And for anybody who will try to say I should have ordered them from NIN's website when I had the chance.... well I tried... but all of the EBAY WHORES got to them 1st!

Back