why i cant open the Wii Settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OmegaForte said:
That's basically your only option. You're looking at atleast 10 years for having a modded console because now it's illegal to do it in the states, and also just as bad to have one. So, you're SOL and JWF'd. Wing it out the window into the path of a bus so you can see a really nice crunchy-smunchy destruction scene, go pick up a new one, and hope you didn't get backup copies of games, because buying backups is bootlegging, which is a felony if I'm not mistaken. Woo. Man that's some hefty striped sunlight time.

oh please gimme a break :wtf: i cant buy new wii cuz i'm saving my money for the PS3

BlankDude said:
you semi-bricked your wii, which is caused by updating ur wii using a different region disc. Can you tell me what version is updated til, because in some cases it can be fixed...others you just have to wait a little bit :smilewinkgrin:
if im correct you have a US wii but updated using a japan game

finally some hope but unfortunately i dont know whats the version of the update, i have japanese wii and idont know whats going on i just click buttons randomly :scared:

JBWIII said:
Nintendo should have a program through which you can trade your chipped Wii for a legit one at a reduced cost. Like how Microsoft will sell you a legit Windows XP product key for $99 if you bought a bootleg copy. Nintendo could make a quick $100 on the front end, and keep selling you games and accessories for the long tail.

i dont think they are gonna trade my wii, i think they are gonna cut me into pieces :sick:

You know what? I really hope you wern't being snide. I've had a really bad day.

hmm so a japan console.

basically all you need to do is find a japan game that has a higher update than the one thats currently on it. You just have to find the right game because although some games do unbrick it, some dont, so just wait until u hear something about it (what game will work)

Can you tell me when you bought your wii so we can estimate what version it is.
also have you ever updated ur wii yourself?

dont worry about it anyhow, patience is the key :D

Last edited:
she said she hasn't updated her Wii, but if WiiConnect24 is on, it will do it automatically ... and that's what happened I bet.

BlankDude said:
basically all you need to do is find a japan game that has a higher update than the one thats currently on it. You just have to find the right game

how can i know which one is the right game, i have only 2 japanese games: Resident Evil 4 and one piece.

BlankDude said:
Can you tell me when you bought your wii so we can estimate what version it is.

maybe in june.

BlankDude said:
also have you ever updated ur wii yourself?

NO but i think kenosando is right about updating my system automatically.

BlankDude said:
dont worry about it anyhow, patience is the key :D

:yesnod:

automatic updates wont do anything...ur wii will access the correct region by itself

pop in both of your japanese games, and see if one of them asks for an update, if so update and see what happens, nothing will happen if your wrong (just make sure its the correct region :) )

BlankDude said:
automatic updates wont do anything...ur wii will access the correct region by itself

pop in both of your japanese games, and see if one of them asks for an update, if so update and see what happens, nothing will happen if your wrong (just make sure its the correct region :) )

my wireless Internet connection requires a security code but as you know i cant open wii settings to setup my internet connection :scared:

SO how can update my system without internet?

johnfive5 said:
Does everything else on your Wii still work or are there other problems other than the settings page?

nothing work except Disk channel :wtf:

u dont need access to the internet if your updating by games.

the games that you have will have the updates built in on the disk

BlankDude said:
u dont need access to the internet if your updating by games.

the games that you have will have the updates built in on the disk

ok i did what you told me but nothing happened :scared:

if it didnt ask for an update..you prolly have a higher update already

if it asks for the update and nothing happened, then you gotta wait for a certain game that will fix it, look around many other ppl have same problem.

hi guys im having the same problem opening the wii settings and of course that my wii is not chipped but i do have homebrew channel and lots of games on my SD card on my wii and i also can play online and go to the internet in my wii so i can do everything excep opening my wii settings its weird because i can still conect to the internet but can't access my wii settings i wanted to go yo the wii settings to do some changes about the screen and other stuff, so this means that im not going to be able to conect my wii somewhere else just my house so that still sucks for me, so if anyone can help please!!! have like more than 5 months with the homebrew channel install and everything was working well even the wii settings until one day i couldn't enter why???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back