Why is DK in Mario Games?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Mario Party, Tennis, Strikers, Baseball, Golf. DK is in every one of them.

The only thing I could possibly think of is the oldschool Mario when DK was trying to save _______ (DK Jr?, Diddy?) from Mario. That was the only time before now that they were in the same game.

Why is he in those games?

^So did the arcade game in which DK was saving a chimp from mario come before or after that? And why did they go there seperate ways into two different series'?

i think that was after donkey kong. im not sure why they went their seperate ways, but there are games which are out now based on the donkey kong game, i.e. mario vs donkey kong 1 & 2 for the ds

it went Donkey Kong in which mario was saving pauline then Donkey Kong Jr where Dk Jr was saving DK from mario (remember in DK mario captured DK so now DK JR is saving him) There was also a DK 3 that was kind of galaga shooterish ,but im not sure if that was mario...still a fun game though.

BTW DK in the original games is actually Cranky from the DKC series ,and DK as we know him now is actually DK Jr.

got it now?

^yeah, thanks a lot. Rep to both of you.

The game I remember playing is DK 2. Interesting that DK is DK Jr. and Cranky is actually DK...

^ahahaha yes man! It took me forever to beat DK2 but it was only 2 friggin levels! Ah, the good 'ol days.

I've been tempted to download DK JR on the VC just because i remember play it as a kid.

Oh well, I just remembered myself playing that Donkey Kong (actual name) game for the GameBoy Pocket, wow that was old..
It starts with that classic level in which you have to climb some stairs and reach DK and try to save Peach.. but he was the enemy haha

the Donkey Kong from the first Donkey Kong games is now Cranky Kong and the Donkey Kong Jr. from those same games is now the current Donkey Kong...just wanted to clear that up.

TJSM said:
the Donkey Kong from the first Donkey Kong games is now Cranky Kong and the Donkey Kong Jr. from those same games is now the current Donkey Kong...just wanted to clear that up.

You are a little late to the game on that one man. I cleared that up awhile back.

if Cranky Kong is the old DK, and DK Jr. is now DK, does that mean that Mario back then is actually Mario's father?!

Think about it... Wouldn't make sense that DK ages and Mario doesn't.... my head hurts! :crazy:

dude, i swear to god, i was jus wondering that too when i was playing MSC. i do remember in the arcade days when you had to save this one girl from the gorilla (DK) by jumping over barrels with the plumber (MARIO). they also remade the game with march of the minnies. (they already cleared it up for you though) :)

Back