Super Mario Party Kart: Paper Brawl

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
Peter Hartlaub of SFGate recently wrote a blurb about what he thinks of all of the Mario Spin-offs.

Since the Mario character was introduced in Donkey Kong in the 1980s, he’s appeared in more than 100 video games - which is about 75 too many. When Nintendo’s starts a non-Mario, non-Zelda, non-Star Fox series - such as Animal Crossing and the excellent Pikmin - the results are usually excellent, but too often the company falls back to its safety zone of another Mario game, whether he’s the focus or just making a cameo appearance. We wouldn’t ask Disney to euthanize Mickey Mouse, and Mario doesn’t need to disappear either. But with the groundbreaking creative possibilities of Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS, how about just one Mario appearance per year and more energy spent on new characters?

Anyone agree with his article?

I for one think that the Mario Karts, Super Smash Bros, and Paper Marios are just fine. (All 3 kind of being their own individual franchises) Plus, Nintendo strictly sticks to one tennis, baseball, and golf a console. But, Nintendo really does have to slow down on the Mario Parties (Who's quality has really gone downhill in recent years)

I say a new Mario Party every 4 years, and start bundling Mario Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, and Golf in packs of two. (Because personally, I enjoy these games)

Last edited:
NO WAY!!!!

i agree put more quality into mario party(even if it means less of them) but i need my mario fix

they sell well cause that's what fans want

so why not make more

hell i look at it this way, they ONLY release one main mario game with every console(super mario world, super mario 64, sunshine, galaxy)

i want more lol

omg i love Mario games the more they make the better. although i would love them to come up with more new charactors and franchises but they have alot as it is. i mean Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda, Metroid prime, pokemon, pikmin, animal crossing the list goes on and on. they make games for all of these and so what if they make a million mario games people enjoy them and thats all that counts. so far for the wii they've all done well. Mario Strikers Charged although i've never played it yet im hoping too..i've heard has done well...Mario Kart and SSBB look amazing and will no doubt hopefully live up to the hype. Mario Party 8 has like what over 1mil copies sold and i have it and its fun. SMG great game with good graphics. so it appears that no matter how many games they make their all good. cant think of one mario game i dont like
*tries to think*
nope natta

mushroomedmario said:
NO WAY!!!!

i agree put more quality into mario party(even if it means less of them) but i need my mario fix

so why not make more

hell i look at it this way, they ONLY release one main mario game with every console(super mario world, super mario 64, sunshine, galaxy)

i want more lol
By "quality" I assume you mean Waluigi? :lol:

any game company would kill to have a franchise/character as strong and as everlasting as mario. why do you think nintendos fans are so loyal? because everyone grows up with mario.

mushroomedmario said:
i mean they should just scrap him and put better characters in! you know from actual mario games....

FRuMMaGe...TO THE WALUIGI MOBILE!!!!

I agree with this, to a certain degree. I enjoy the mario spin-offs and what -not, but it seems like the Wii is being flooded with them. I say, keep the Mario games coming, but maybe once a year, make an original Mario game. Super Smash Bros was a breath of fresh air, even if mario only made a cameo appearance.

Seeing more original games would be awesome, Nintendo has the man power and the wits to pull am awesome original game off. I say, take a leaf outta Sega's book, From Virtua Fighter to Sonic. Nintendo should stop making as many buddy games, and cater for the mature side of the Wii owner. Make a Virtua Fighter, Halo or DMC type game... GO FOR IT!

Mario is great, but the quality of games such as Mario Party could use a little more attention. I'd love to see another Punch Out like the original NES one. Wii Sports was ok, but it got dull. If we could use it in combination with the wiifit board, and have Mario as a referee again, I think that would be a great game. Kind of like Smash Bros, where we have all the characters to choose from, but in a boxing tournament.

Super Smash Bros. series is not a Mario spin-off! What is this guy thinking?

The Mario RPGs aren't really spin-offs either, I don't know why he has a problem with them. I love the Paper Mario series (at least the first two.), but yeah, Mario Party really just needs to go away. It's been overdone now. It's been overdone for years, in fact.

mushroomedmario said:
NO WAY!!!!

so why not make more

i want more lol

you're exactly right

bilzar said:
FRuMMaGe...TO THE WALUIGI MOBILE!!!!
waluigimobileuq3.jpg

*runs over mushroomedmario with Waluigi Mobile*

Back