Why judge multi-player games on their single-player aspects?

StevenNevets

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
I've noticed many peope complain about games in general for reasons like this, but I'll use WarioWare as my example.

First off, tons of you were complaining that it only takes a couple hours to beat. The game was not meant for single-player at all, the mode is mainly there to teach you the controlls and the general idea of the game.

In reality the game can be fun for many hours, doesn't quite stack-up to Mario Party but it's pretty close. Surprsingly there are a good few multi-player modes, although asides from a few new games they are all the same games switched around. But still, I don't see how 200+ mini-games with differnt game modes can get boring to fast.

Obviously most people saying it sucks are playing alone and vice-versa.
Again, party games arn't meant to be played alone! If you only play alone then don't buy them and then tell other people they suck! Just a little thing I've been noticing a lot.

though i tend to agree with you on the most part multi-player mode can get old too. i mean after 2 hours of wario with 6 people you end up just playing the same games and the whole shock/surprise of the games have worn off. i Did like Wario Ware and i still play it even on single player..but it seems more often than not that my friends tend to get tried of minigame games rather quickly. could be from their stoner attention span.

but regardless of that i do agree its not so good to judge a mostly multi-player game on its single player mode, but in the case of Wario and Rayman its necessary to beat single player mode at least once to get multi-player mode in full swing, so judging that in its self is totally cool.

Also....Jeez don't be so wound up:wink:

Oh i am not saying they don't love it...cause WE all do...we just have short attention spans.

yeah, ihave wario ware, it took me like 2 hours to beat it, but one of the funnest 2 hours ive spent in a while, and like 5 friends cam over this friday and its even better in multyplayer, its so fun, i dont know why people complain

StevenNevets said:
I've noticed many peope complain about games in general for reasons like this, but I'll use WarioWare as my example.

First off, tons of you were complaining that it only takes a couple hours to beat. The game was not meant for single-player at all, the mode is mainly there to teach you the controlls and the general idea of the game.

In reality the game can be fun for many hours, doesn't quite stack-up to Mario Party but it's pretty close. Surprsingly there are a good few multi-player modes, although asides from a few new games they are all the same games switched around. But still, I don't see how 200+ mini-games with differnt game modes can get boring to fast.

Obviously most people saying it sucks are playing alone and vice-versa.
Again, party games arn't meant to be played alone! If you only play alone then don't buy them and then tell other people they suck! Just a little thing I've been noticing a lot.

Yeah you are right because, that's why the game was made. But it all depends on the people your playing with. Because some people would play it very long and other people would say put in a new game mannn, i am tired of this one. But yeah you can't judge a game on secondary feature. You have to jude it on the primary feature, which in this case is multiplayer mode.

Back