Why not do two types Final fantasy

hotpotato78

So sexy
Nov 24, 2006
Bahamas
DUDES wouldn't it b cool to have the crystal chronicles set up and the regular final fantasy set up on the wii? I know they're working on crystal chronicles 2, but if they did the two different styles, gamers can have a choice....... but they need to throw online play on the new FFCC tho.... or do a online version just like the other ones on pc. To tell u the truth I like the two types of final fantasy formats.....but definitely they need to change some things. allow u to b able to walk from town to town and not just on a map...... add some special moves and some GF's on it....... that would be like fusing the two formats in one, with the capablity of being moveable and not just sendin commends......... This new final fantasy should have some new features though....

That'd be cool.

I played FFXI for 3 years. And after that long you really don't know what to do. You can't beat that game, it beats you.

I am patiently waiting on a "good" FF for Wii. Crystal Chronicles didn't count in my book. Square Enix is not swearing allegiance to Sony this round so there is hope.

How could you not like crystal chronicles mannn. lol BUT yeah ur rite, Square enix are makin games for both systems.... so we'll have to wait and see. but definitely FFCC should have some gfs and special moves to make it feel just like the old format..... But the way you can mix magic and swords on FFCC is great so thats something the old format doesnt have..... you cant mix your element with your sword..... But i feel where ur comin from tho

I don't like it because it doesn't really follow some of the classic FF formula, like including mythical beasts, etc. Hopefully Crystal Chronicles 2 does better.

I just hope they make it online for now, but I doubt, since online is suppose to come out in 2007 and FFCC comes out at the end of December, but you never know...

Seriously, I don't want traditional FF on the Wii, I want these on 360 or PS3. I think to experience the EPIC, you need good graphics and crazy sound with HUGE worlds. What I'd like on the Wii are other RPGs, new IPs or remakes of games like Legend of Legaia, etc. Some of the old and traditional RPGs. Blue Dragon should have been made for the Wii, it's the kind of RPG that doesn't profit from the 360s better hardware.

FF:CC2 online is confirmed!, and the team behind my favourite game of all time(FFIX) is making it :D (they also have a few people from the original CC team, but most of them are working on the DS version)

Didibus that's incorrect. Blue Dragon does profit from the 360's hardware, and the last time i checked FF:CC2's release date was TBA 2007. Besides Pokemon, the first Wii game with online multiplayer will be released in the middle of december in Japan.

Last edited:
didibus said:
I just hope they make it online for now, but I doubt, since online is suppose to come out in 2007 and FFCC comes out at the end of December, but you never know...

Seriously, I don't want traditional FF on the Wii, I want these on 360 or PS3. I think to experience the EPIC, you need good graphics and crazy sound with HUGE worlds. What I'd like on the Wii are other RPGs, new IPs or remakes of games like Legend of Legaia, etc. Some of the old and traditional RPGs. Blue Dragon should have been made for the Wii, it's the kind of RPG that doesn't profit from the 360s better hardware.
FFCC doesn;t come out this year... does it??? If so, I need to change my XMAS list. But I agree. I would like to see Action RPGs on Wii and if they do make turnbased, I'd rather it be controlled by the DS (to select commands and whatever) than the Wiimote. Maybe a Tales game on Wii or another Jak n Daxter game would be crazy.

KCBlack said:
FFCC doesn;t come out this year... does it??? If so, I need to change my XMAS list. But I agree. I would like to see Action RPGs on Wii and if they do make turnbased, I'd rather it be controlled by the DS (to select commands and whatever) than the Wiimote. Maybe a Tales game on Wii or another Jak n Daxter game would be crazy.
it comes out new years eve of '07, so over a year till it releases

ocdan said:
just wait for squares contract with sony to end...

Bet on it. FFXI for 360 means that the days of Sony's stranglehold on Square Enix are numbered. :yikes:

Master Foot said:
Bet on it. FFXI for 360 means that the days of Sony's stranglehold on Square Enix are numbered. :yikes:
i know square is so anticipating on making a major FF title. I mean come on, they chose the DS over Nintendo for FFIII's american release

ocdan said:
just wait for squares contract with sony to end...
I thought it was because Sony was a major shareholder.

They are probably more open too other platforms because of developing "next gen" games is very expensive, and among the consoles the PS3 has the highest development costs.

ocdan said:
i know square is so anticipating on making a major FF title. I mean come on, they chose the DS over Nintendo for FFIII's american release
Because of the Wii's hardware limitations a real FF title is very unlikely. The best we could hope for is Grandia/DQ 9/FF:CC3/new ip.

Arcades have the best classic games and now I can play them with my Wii through the virtual console. Battle Toads revolutionized gaming. Only a Sony Fanboy would disagree.

wayne said:
I thought it was because Sony was a major shareholder.

They are probably more open too other platforms because of developing "next gen" games is very expensive, and among the consoles the PS3 has the highest development costs.

Because of the Wii's hardware limitations a real FF title is very unlikely. The best we could hope for is Grandia/DQ 9/FF:CC3/new ip.
what are these limitations you speak of?

Back