Why oh why does Nintendo of America hate Earthbound!

gpoleweski said:
Freeloader+Japan Version of Brawl=Happy for all.

Except that the game will be in Japanese. I'll take a SSBB version in English over one in Japanese with 30 second demo of Earthbound.

To be honest, I think have a 30 second (or whatever) demo of Earthbound would piss me off even more. It'd be like they were taunting us. Maybe that's why they took it out.

But the fact that they took it out of the game only adds more evidence to the strong possibility that they'll NEVER release EB in NA. Bummer for everyone, Nintendo included. You'd think they'd be smarter, but whatever.

gpoleweski said:
Freeloader+Japan Version of Brawl=Happy for all.

anyone using pirated games/mod chips have no business EVER complaining about VC releases.

Up you Digitalldj(wtf?) I'm still paying for the games. I'm not one of the fags who goes off and downloads which whatever games they want and then brag about it.

Next time you TRY to say stupid things, research them beforehand.

Earthbound is one of the best RPGs of all time.

I'm disgusted with Nintendo for removing it from Masterpieces.

I'm even more disgusted by Mother 3 never being released in the U.S.

I'll never understand.

Im sure we will see these classic's as VC games but i admit alot of us have little paitence as we all want the good VC games now, i like the way nintendo is spacing out the classic's. I bet we will see earthbound on the VC in the next year or so.

Ok i went through a lot of reaserch to find this out.
First reason:Nintendo hates wii beacuse When it was realesed in Uninited states and Canada it didnt make as good profits as it did in Japan (What Greedy Aholes)So they didnt want to make another earthbound game in japan.But Good new is that a bunch of super fans made a fan transullation and its avaible for emulaters!
Awnser 2:Why is the Earthbound Trial not in super smash bros brawl?Well,i have no god damn clue why they did not put it in the game list.On the masterpieces with alll the boxes showing the games,there is one empty spot,that was Earthbound.
If you ask me,i hate the new nintendo,its the classics that EVERYONE has to play,not the new sh!tty casual family fun games.It is not just earthbound that made me hate nintendo,its the stupoid poll they did.Because of it,all the games being realesed are casual.i would stick to xbox360 and class nintendo.

Do you guys realize that it completely pokes fun at American society....thAt might be your answerr to why it's not dlc on the vc or on brawl...I'm a big fan too btw

ClassicNin you are talking gibberish. There are tons of non casual games on the Wii, so go back to the 360 forums and stop your trolling.

V.3 I believe that you are the closest. As far as I'm aware, Earthbound was not released on the VC outside of Japan for legal reasons, those being that it references a lot of American culture. Either Nintendo would have had to fight and pay out for countless legal battles or rewite a lot of the game.

With both options being fairly costly Nintendo obviously didn't think it was worth doing. Perhaps they'll make an actual new Wii version at some point in the future though if enough people asked for it.

Back