"Why Only Ports!!?"

ShawVAuto

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2006
Jamie here. I am kind of upset at the game companies for the Wii. Reason being, the games are all ports!!:mad5: Everything seems to be built off of PS2 builds. The new Medal of Honor Vanguard is based on the PS2 build with Wii controls added in. WHY!!!? They are going to drown this system with PS2 ports. Even EA aplogized for their lack of efforts on the Wii front. I waited in line for 6 hours in -2 degree weather to get my Wii and I must say, I am tired of the ports! It's crazy! I am currently trying to contact Capcom about an exclusive street racer (HUGE car buff here). Using the Auto Modellista engine with the custimizations of Underground 2, plus headlight tail light conversions, and the ability to create chop tops and convertibles from non convertible cars. Well, sorry for ranting but I am just tired of the ports. Why can't game companies just make RE4 quality games with Wii controls if they want to port stuff. Are there anyother members who feel the same?

Last edited:
nobody is using the wii to its greatest abilities.
No wonder some people have doubts about this console.

give it a break people the console isn't even 6 months old yet. Look how long the DS took to come in its own with really unique exclusive titles. For the longest time DS was basicly getting revamped GBA games.

Until developers know exactly what works on the wii they are gonna keep making ports. Its easier ,and cheaper to port a game thats already exsiting ,and experiment with the controls rather than spend big bux in a whole new game that might flop by experimenting with controls. Let them learn how to control Wii games the right way then see what happens. I bought the Wii early for the same reason i bought a DS early.Which is its such a unique system ,and i want to watch evolve ,and be apart of its evolution and support it.

Ports ,or no ports i have fun with my 360 ,but no where near as much fun as i do with my Wii.

Just give it time. Its too early to complain. I'm glad games like Prince of Persia ,and Driver are coming to the Wii ported ,or not. They were some of the franchises i wanted to see make it over.

Back