An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
Do I have to keep pluging/unpluging my Wii
is Nintendo geting paid from the ecletric company or soemthing

Wow when its in standby the only electricity it is using is one led lol thats like less than hearing aid battery. and it only really uses any electricity is when connect 24 is on and that is still very limited wow

First off, if you go into the options and turn off connect24 then it turns the Wii all the way off when you power it down using the Wiimote.

Second, are you such a cheap ass that you can't afford an extra $2/year on your electric bill?

csiguy4u said:
First off, if you go into the options and turn off connect24 then it turns the Wii all the way off when you power it down using the Wiimote.

Second, are you such a cheap ass that you can't afford an extra $2/year on your electric bill?
i think its more of the idea of it

I had a problem yesterday...i've been turning my Wii off manually for the past 3 - 4wks, but yesterday I tried doing it from the wiimote and it froze up the Wii screen. :shocked: The music was still playing, but the screen froze up...can any1 give me an idea of what happened?

uh

You could always just use a toggle switch that you manually switch off so no power reaches the Wii. Like the same idea as a surge protector, but a single version. I've considered it myself because the heat buildup of an idle Wii annoys me. (I've had bad luck with warranties in past)

Maybe I'm not understanding this, but there is an off button on every Wii controller in the top left corner. You just have to hold it down for a couple of seconds to turn off the unit. Mine works fine.

Back