Wi-Fi Trouble !

zurukea

Billy Talent is awesomest
Jun 20, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
When I try to install the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connecter, I get an error saying "Internet Connection Sharing Error. (6)" if anyone knows how to fix this problem, please reply, you'll be appercaited.

I think it means your already sharing your Internet connection haha. Possibly with a Laptop or Mobile Device?

I have heard people having a lot of trouble with those things, and not sure exactly what problems they are having. I suggest returning it and consider purchasing a Wi-Fi access point (router), which isn't much more than that adapter cost you.

Here is a couple of decent deals I quickly dug up for you...
D-LINK WBR-1310 Wireless G Router, 4 Port Switch, 802.11g, 54Mbps- RETAIL
Unit Price:$113.99
After Mail-In Rebate: $13.99
Shipping: $7.51 (Ground)

NetGear DWGR614 Cable/DSL 54Mbps 802.11g Wireless Router
Unit Price: $26.29
Shipping: Free?

D-Link DI-624 AirPlus 802.11g Wireless 108Mbps Router
(Note: Recertified/discontinued)
Unit Price: $28.99
Shipping: Free?

(Please note that this is NOT ADVERTISING! I receive no monetary gain and have been posted simply as an optional alternative to the Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle. Please note the idea behind locating these links was to replace the dongle for under $30 dollars.)

I would like to note that I have never ordered personally from 3G plaza however have had excellent experience with 3btech, and will vouch for the quality of D-link products. I cannot guarantee compatibility, since I never used a D-link for Wii connectivity and use a Linksys WRT54G instead. Please note that the Wii claims it's 802.11g compliant therefore other than human error you should be alright. When it comes to home networking products D-link has been my second choice for home networking for some time, noting my usage of several ethernet cards and even a D-Link DVG-1402S router.

Netgear is cheap however it should still do the job, however I would still preference to the D-link Di-624 even if it is re-certified/refurbished as well as discontinued. It's still get the job done for only a few bucks more than you paid for that dongle.

(Note: Here is a simulation of the web based setup of the Di-624)

Back