Wi-Fi USB connecting problem

voicesoffcamera

WiiChat Member
Jan 3, 2007
Hey so just today I bought a Wi-Fi USB for my Wii. I plugged it in, installed it, and it looked like it was going to work. I went through the set up process sucessfully until the connection test. So I took down my firewall which was apparently the problem, then it had a new problem saying it couldn't connect to the internet. But when I start the connection test the green icon saying it has the strongest connection on the Wi-Fi register is on. But the test still fails. So I went to network connections and if I click Automatically find IP and DNS, it won't connect the USB anymore, it just says Acquiring Network Address. I go to the other option where it lets you type in the IP address, and I'm missing the Default Gateway, and both DNS addresses? Any ideas? Has anyone had the same problem? I use Golden Triangle ADSL, I don't know if anyone knows of that connection because I'm pretty sure it's local.

Thanks.

You are doing better than me if you got it to install. I have tried it on many computers, around 4, and it wouldn't install on any of them. Some it wouldn't recognise the damned thing at all. I got so frustrated with the thing, and also with Nintendo support, that I went and bought a router. This opened up another kettle of fish. Long story short, finally I got my router working, and everythings working fine. My advice: Buy a router.

Yeah, routers are much more useful than their USB wifi counterparts. They are easier to set up, maintain and control and if you get a good brand will generally have very good customer support if you need it.

I have a wifi adapterr too, and it worked for about 3 days then I had the same problem you had (error code 52140). Then it worked againe for one day the next it doesn't. I don't have a clue whats going on.

yup exactly the same problem man ! its really quite stressful i was trying to get it to work for about 2 hours once

i have managed to connect about 3-4 of 100000000000000000 times

so ye if anyone has any sujestions without going out to buy these wireless routers that probally cost loads
thanks

ive had problems when i got my wifi adapter it wouldnt connect to the server but then i configured my firewall (zonealarm) and i have not had a problem since i got it working

EB games

So I just called the guy at EB Games to see if I could return it, and I explained my problem and he said he thought it was defective and he told me to come in and exchange it for a new one. Has anyone tried that?

I use WiFi USB adaptor myself and have encountered no problems. The only thing mine requires is for the computer to be turned on in order for it to work. Some modems aren't connected until the computer itself is turned on. Try leaving your computer on and connecting, and if it persists to fail, then you may want to try a router.

i've just managed to connect successfully again.....basically i uninstaled a fire wall and this little yellow thing came up at the bottom of my comp screen next to the wifi thing

then i tried connecting and valla in 5 seconds done ! so its most probally something to do with the fire walls or any protection

Im having the exact same problem and still havent figured this crap out. I installed the Wifi connector and it worked for about 5 days without a flaw. Sometime last week I tried to access the internet and it wouldnt work at all. The Nintendo tech that i spoke to was completely rude and made it sound like it was my fault. Ive tried uninstalling the software about 10 times, installing everything on a different computer, and rebooting the entire network and nothing works. Currently the connector is hooked to a computer which has no firewalls and really only has windows installed (it is basically just for internet access)
Im at a loss...

Hey try this: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36057

Instructions to install alternative drivers on your USB stick so you don't have to use the crappy Nintendo one. If you don't use the Nintendo software, you can't possibly have problems with it :p

Also means you can configure your USB stick as a standard access point, so add MAC filtering, WPA encription, connect with non-Nintendo products, etc.

for some reason that is not working. When i try to open the Asus program, it tells me i have no lan card installed. I followed the instructions step by step

Did you select the correct Network Correction on the screen with the pictures of computers and whatnot? Personally I have about 4, only 1 of which can be used to connect to the internet.

Back