Wii and Ds - partners

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
I was just thinking about how the psp is going to work really well with the ps3 and its hard to admit but the idea to use it as a prarifarel (spelling?) in games was innovative. Using the psp as a wing mirror in F1 was a great idea and using the psp as a portable ps3 data storage is good (like all the videos and photos and music and files). When will nintendo start using the DS and wii together? i remember hearing that the wii will be able to get stuff such as downloadable demos for the ds.

Does anyone know when this will happen if ever?

I've heard that you will be able to transfer pokemon from your Wii to DS or DS to Wii on some pokemon games.

Yeah, that is all that has been announced at this point. I hope that it will be able to send DS demos to your DS via the Wii, kind of like the DS Download Stations at the stores.

The Gamecube linked with the GBA and I see no reason why Nintendo would not link the Wii to the DS, I would expect them to already have plans on how they will link.

It's spelt "Peripheral".
The PS3/PSP idea is taken from the GBA/GC link up.

Also, the Wii will use the DS. On June 25th (in the US), Pokemon Battle Revolution will utilise it. (among other games)

The gamecube/GBA link up wasnt overly exciting but i think that the psp/ps3 link up will be good because of the possibilitys like maybe playing a co-op game online and the psp will show what your partner is seeing, or maybe on a racing game it could be used to show the map or as the F1 game showed as a wing mirror.

Cpt.McCloud said:
The gamecube/GBA link up wasnt overly exciting but i think that the psp/ps3 link up will be good because of the possibilitys like maybe playing a co-op game online and the psp will show what your partner is seeing, or maybe on a racing game it could be used to show the map or as the F1 game showed as a wing mirror.
I think it depends. The GBA linkup was used in Wind Waker and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, the latter being needed for multiplayer. Both were used interestingly. One was used as a helper (the Tingle tuner, despite Tingle being an annoyance...) and an actual controller with stats, maps and menus. It also helped the gameplay as a whole be more fluid.

Now having the PSP as a rear view mirror in a racing sim, seems a little void, considering even Road Rash 2 on the Mega Drive (Genesis for the US) had 2 side view mirrors on the bottom of the screen. Some other driving games also gave an option for mirrors. However, I think it could be put to better use...

The DS has the mic and stylustouch screen. I think this would allow for better interaction in games, since it means that it's not just a standard controller with an extra screen (which admittedly the GBA was). Also, the DS is coming out with a headset soon, which means that if desired, one could speak (in better quality than just the built-in mic) with people you're playing with.

from wikipedia:

Nintendo DS connectivity
The Wii system supports wireless connectivity with the Nintendo DS. Shigeru Miyamoto said Nintendo was still working out when features using this connectivity would be available, but that it would be soon after the launch of the system, due to the popularity of the Nintendo DS.[57] At Nintendo's corporate policy meeting in June 2006, Satoru Iwata explained that the DS uses its wireless connectivity to communicate with the console and that no further accessories are needed.[16]

The connectivity allows the player to use functions like the Nintendo DS microphone and touchscreen as inputs for Wii games. The first example Nintendo has given of a game using Nintendo DS-Wii connectivity is that of Pokémon Battle Revolution. Players with either Pokémon Diamond or Pearl are able to play battles using their Nintendo DS as a controller.[58] It has also been announced that the Nintendo DS is able to play game demos downloaded from the console, which they would receive from Nintendo, similar to a DS Download Station.[59] The console is also able to expand Nintendo DS games.[58]

I think the DS will not be as good as the PS3 PSP link-up honestly I think it's a bit stupid that the Wii or PS3 expierience could be enhanced by buying there portable system

This is coming from someone who has never used it

My Idea:

You Can Buy A Blank... DS CARD!

Like A Normal Game Card... But You Can Burn Memory Onto It... Not An SD Card Nesecarliy(sp?)... But You Can Use It As A Mini-Wii Like When Near... You Can Use It's Intrnet Channel, make Miis, Look At Weather/News, Etc...

Whaddaya Think? :idea:

I wouldn't say that the PSP to PS3 link up is innotive at all. Nintendo has been doing it for a while, even the N64 and GBC had a form of link up in some of the games, mostly by transferring items from a GBC game to the N64.

I think it would work best in games like Pokemon, a card game or any type of game that needs you to hide your strategies from the person sitting next to you.

I actually think the DS to Wii link up has more potential due to the stylus and mic on the DS.

raisinghelen said:
I wouldn't say that the PSP to PS3 link up is innotive at all. Nintendo has been doing it for a while, even the N64 and GBC had a form of link up in some of the games, mostly by transferring items from a GBC game to the N64.

I think it would work best in games like Pokemon, a card game or any type of game that needs you to hide your strategies from the person sitting next to you.

I actually think the DS to Wii link up has more potential due to the stylus and mic on the DS.

Well if you can download whole games for your psp I have to say, Sony did that right, not to mention they did a big step for the portable little guy because, of the whole games, that junky system might squeeze some life into it. Yes the ds is better but sony beat nintendo with their connectivity so far.

Back