Wii and MP3

It's not you, I noticed this too. I think its because Retro studios brought out the best it could on the sound.

Last edited:
Do you mean in-game sound? Or disc read sound? There is a lot of disc access throughout the game (in order to avoid "loading..." screens) so I've noticed more disc access noise compared to most other games.

i keep my games in mint condition. putting back to the case, taking out the cd when turning off the system. my MP3 disc has got some scuffs on it... outer ring of the cd. anyone else notice this?

The actual instruction booklet for the Wii warns you to place Disc's back in their cases when the wii is not on, but i just thought it was for some stupid reason however it seems as though i was wrong and that leaving the disc inside the wii when it is not on may cause some damage.
I believed that keeping it in your Wii reduced the chances of damaging it through human error.

Has anyone has any serious damage due to leaving disc's in?

Not so far, and I hope not in the future,,,I have a hard enough time getting my stupid sisters to even put the games in the cases and such o_O

Like y'know how if you leave a GC or N64 controller upside down the Joystick gets screwed up? Well thanks to my sister I lost my first Nunchuck >_<

I finally fixed it, but it's hell and if it happens again I prolly won't be able to >_>

I mean, how the hell do you leave a nunchuck upsaide down?!? I don't even understand, it's almost as if she went out of her way to try to ruin it...

I always leave my games, after playing them, inside the consoles. Its just too much of a hassle to insert them back into the case and to remove them again and again. From what I have noticed, there are no scratches or damage of any other kind on my discs.

I have to agree with Byuakuya. Maybe because you are removing your games constantly you are getting scratches. No movement, no scratches.:smilewinkgrin:

but that doesn't make sense. the manual is saying that we should take out the games after we are done playing the game or when shutting off the system, which is what i am doing. maybe i should contact them about this issue.

Each time you take the disc out of the machine you stand a greater chance scratching it versus just leaving it in. Each time you eject it, it passes through the little black felt like material. From there you touch it to put it in the case. Between that transfer scratches are happening. How can it scratch if it isn't being moved except when the Wii spins it?

Last edited:
That makes sense (except you used the wrong kind of "except" =P) but if the manual says to remove it there must be SOME reason...

i'll take a picture of the scuffs, i can't clean them with microfiber towel i have. i'll post it later on today

i always put my games back in their cases but with the gamecube games i didnt for some reason

arcticreaver said:
i keep my games in mint condition. putting back to the case, taking out the cd when turning off the system. my MP3 disc has got some scuffs on it... outer ring of the cd. anyone else notice this?
Most of you guys are lucky, the first time I booted up MP3 it gave me an error message.

Back