Wii and TV signal wireless transmiter/reciever interference

Jahwise

WiiChat Member
Apr 3, 2012
Hi,
I don't have much hope that anyone here could help me with this but i'll give a shot. My problem is when i power on my Wii my neighbour who lives right above me, gets a video noise while watching TV and it's most propably because he's using some wireless tv signal transmiter to connect roof antena and TV. At first i thought that infrared frequency is cousing the problem, but then i unpluged the sensor bar from wii and it did nothing. It only stoped after I turned off wii and then i thought it's a problem with power but again non of equipment is connected with ground pin. I wonder what kind of communication waves is Wii emitting by itself (?) and i think it's bluetooth thats cousing the problem. I can add that my neighbour has similar problem while using microwave oven in his kitchen so that would suggest that bluetooth is really what's causing it (similar wave lenghts range). Did anyone here had such problem? What can I do to isolate signals?

Big up to all answering!

Well, this is a unique problem I've never heard of... My knowledge of what wavelengths the Wii uses for it's wireless technologies is limited to say the least, but I would guess that the cause is either the Wii attempting to communicate wirelessly with the Wii Remote, or the Wii attempting to connect to the internet.

If you go into the Wii's settings and turn off Wii Connect 24, you could at least confirm whether or not that's a possible cause. I do believe the Wii uses some sort of bluetooth tech for connecting to the internet, so there's a chance this may solve the problem.

OK. So now i know. Just as I thought this is caused by wii conecting with wii remote or balance board through bluetooth. And only then. When I play with gamecube pad problem does not occur. As bluetooth has rather short range moving the console to other room is somehow a solution (i've tried and it works). Right now i'm thinking on how to have my wii in the same room that's causing the trouble. Maby some kind of isolation.

Back