Wii Turns On But No Video Signal -- Not Even A Black Screen

Chris71Mach1

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2020
So I have a spare console that seems to have a unique problem comparatively. I purchased this console on the cheap as a "parts box" with the seller telling me that he was getting very faint video out of it.

So first, I'll address a typical question list:

Do you have a Black Screen or "No Signal" when you turn on your Wii ?
no signal
What happens when you press and hold the RESET Button on your Wii and turn it on ?
no noticeable difference when booted with this sequence.
Did you tried different AV Connections on your TV ?
yes
Did you also tried different AV Cables ?
multiple AV cables *and* two different Wii2HDMI adapters
Did you tried another Power Supply ?
yes.

So I turn the console on, and the TV to which the console is connected registers no video signal. I've tried this on multiple TVs with the same result.

The disk drive sounds pretty gnarly when I turn it on, but I honestly don't care about that.

I can successfully sync a controller to the console, and when I wave it around in front of the sensor bar, I get tactile reactions from the controller indicative of it seeing different apps that I can select (or could select if I could see anything).

I can even hear (some) sound out of it.

It seems to me that overall, the console is working, but the AV port seems to be completely non-functional. Is there any fix to this other than soldering a new port on the motherboard (which ain't happening cause I SUCK at board level repair) or outright replacing the motherboard in the console? Any help would be appreciated at this point, cause I'd really like to get this console up, running, and able to play games again.

Cleaning alcohol and a swab on the contact, if that fails it will require a more in depth fix, best bet is to chuck it and get another one as Wii's are cheap

Cleaning alcohol and a swab on the contact, if that fails it will require a more in depth fix, best bet is to chuck it and get another one as Wii's are cheap
I followed this and It works on mine actually. Thanks :)

Back