Wii Backup Disc Found?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Word has been flying around the internet about a disc someone found in there Wii when it was returned after being repaired. The disc is supposedly used to backup data from the Wii and access the Bios.

So far all that has been released are images of the disc. And pictures of the supposed disc running on the Wii.

The actual disc ISO has yet to be released. Due to WiiDev keeping it to themselves for the time being.

Source

Last edited:
Fixed the link, it takes some time to load the site.

odd maybe it is timing out with me it doesnt get to half the bar saying loaded then comes up page failed

Link doesn't work for me either.

That's pretty interesting though. I mean of course there would be some sort of disc to get into the bios, but for them to keep it to themselves is selfish.

balrogs.pa said:
Also what are the Wii Bio's?
a bios (not bio's) is what tells the wii (or computer, xbox, playstations, ect.) how to run. with consoles they usually hold information on what is and isnt allowed in terms of burnt games. if people find out how to extract and flash the bios they can hack it to tell it to allow burnt games to be played and to allow unsigned code (aka homebrew)

This is epic.
I'd love to check the site, but there's too much traffic.:lol:
The other link posted works fine.

I've always thought, "What if I got a second Wii? I'd hate to have all that money I spent on VC titles not be able to be on the other."

God, I hope something great comes out of this.

Back