wii browser

DragonWii

Wiiiiiiiiiii
Oct 3, 2006
just wondering if the wii opera browser accepts streamed music and video, and also scripts in javascript or cgi. Anyone know?

Well if its quicktime that would mean .mov streams. Im sure nintendo would have announced if quicktime was involved. maybe its nintendo's own streaming software working with opera. I wonder if we will be allowed to watch streams through windows media player in opera. Possibly like a plugin that we can install afterwards. i have a felling that if we want to see extra content we might have to puchase seperate plugins for the browser... just a speculation. :scared:

DragonWii said:
Well if its quicktime that would mean .mov streams. Im sure nintendo would have announced if quicktime was involved. maybe its nintendo's own streaming software working with opera. I wonder if we will be allowed to watch streams through windows media player in opera. Possibly like a plugin that we can install afterwards. i have a felling that if we want to see extra content we might have to puchase seperate plugins for the browser... just a speculation. :scared:

Use a computer. I hear they're good at these types of things... :cool:

:crazy: :shocked: wow your clever JVIPER82 how did you figure that one out.
Its good to have the nintendo wii as a good gaming console and at the same time what you would expect from a internet browser so lazy people like me can sit down and do everything on wii and not to leave the living room ... browsing internet or listening to music online on a big tv is way nicer than monitor. :cool:

Just downloaded Opera 9 for my P.C. to see how it runs etc. I love it, its seems to be faster than IE on my P.C. and I love the tab system on the top rather than opening a new window when you go to a link etc. I think it may even look a bit better than IE to. Think I might use it all the time.

I also have it on my computer but i think it would be great if we could watch stream videos and music on nintendo wii. i wonder if we could download mp3 files using wii and play them

Firefox ftw. ;)
I really hope the wii supports a USB keyboard... there's no way I'll be scrolling around with the cursor over a screen of characters typeing my URLs, that's riddiculas...

gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg

^:lol: I never knew something like that existed for Gamecube. :lol:

i Didnt even know they had built a keyboard for GC. Seems the wii keyboard could aslo be on its way then hopefully soon

http://www.wii.com/en_US/movies/internetchannel/

Im sure on that trailer it showed the nintendo site where we can download games or was that soemthing else

Last edited:
Thinking about it, Nintendo could allow users to download things like games, videos, etc. by giving users free or cheap online storage. Since Wii only has 512MB of storage, it wouldn't be possible to save any large files, so online storage would be nice, although I don't know if it would be slow playing a 100MB+ quicktime video.

If nintendo do that that would be awsome. possibly game trailes before we consider buying them. Even of they let us play demos before buying that would be nice.

Back