Wii Classic Controller work for GCN games?

theangelwing

Gamer_4_Jesus
Mar 11, 2007
San Diego, CA
Wii Online Code
5902-8435-1391-5947
Just curious to find out if anyone here knows if the classic controller plays Gamecube games on the Wii? Or do I need buy GCN controllers to play play GCN games. Thats would really SUCK!!!!

GC controllers will work for VC games though won't they?

Yea they work. When you go into the Virtual Console store you will see what controller plays with which. But was just curious to see if I could just buy 4 Classic ones to play gamecube games. I like the white look :) Oh well.

Still want to have both though. I have read that some VC games are a pain to play on a GC controller.

It annoys me that they don't have controller layouts in the manual for GC controllers. Maybe thats just for the two VC games I have. You can play with the GC controller, they should have specified the controller layout for it too.

eh, it makes sense though, GC controllers go with GC games... is all. I am still glad I picked up my Classic though for those cool VC games. I know I could ALL VC games with that controller for sure. The funny part is that I sold my GC and 4 controllers right before the "Revolution" announced it would support GC games and controllers. I will never forget that day hahaha

Back