Wii Componant Cables

I(V)P

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2007
Saugus, MA
Wii Online Code
8378-9216-8797-3798
i just recently found out my tv in my room supports hd.... are the cables worth buying?? i no the wii cant reach hd but is it much of a difference in the image if i get the cables and hook my tv up to it?

see im willing to pay the money i was just wonderin if it was much of a difference and worth it

It's like switching from VHS to DVD. Play Wiisports tennis without them and then with them. Let me know how the grass looks? Instead of a big green patch, you can actually make out grass. It's worth it because it cleans up the picture by giving each color its own path.

I guess "worth it" is too abstract. If there is ANY improvement then what's the value? :)

I mean for $10 or less, even if the improvement is minor, why not?

ten dollars? my component cable cost me £20 (40 dollars)

dont forget you have to do 'something else' with the sound

Chute said:
ten dollars? my component cable cost me £20 (40 dollars)

dont forget you have to do 'something else' with the sound

I probably should have clarified: if you can get them for <$10 it's almost a no brainer (as there is +some+ measurable signal imrovement over component). I paid $9.00 (US) for mine delivered to my door (generic through a cable/component online resource I use quite a bit).

At $35+, I would have still purchased, though the value proposition might have been a little less. It's one of those "corks" I'd hate to think about on every session ("I wonder if component hookups would be better?"). Buy them and you don't have to worry that you're not getting the best available signal.

There's also a performance consideration about the output buffer on interlaced vs. progressive scan on certain games (resulting in double buffered output on 480P which effectively smooths out animation).

BTW, I feel like I'm cyberstalking you today...

If you want some Component cables, don't do what most people do and walk into Best Buy and spend 50 bucks for them.
Go online to ebay.com and purchase them there. I just did and got the same component cables (that retail for 40 dollars plus tax) for just under 10 dollars, and that included shipping from Hong Kong. Save a few bucks and get the same thing.
Oh, and yeah, it makes it look a little better. The only problem was the audio part of it. I had to go purchase some adapters and cables to run to my stereo receiver. The only reason I had to do that was because my receiver is to far away from the TV.

Back