Wii Component Cables

jiggilo

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2007
Where are you guys buying your Wii Component Cables from? I don't see them avaiable in the stores in the US yet. I looked on ebay but i see a lot of them are being sold from Hong Cong.

Wheres the best place for me to purchase a Wii Componet cable in the states?

Thanks!

I got mine at best buy.

just call around to a couple stores before you go out searching for them. You should be able to find a place that has them, they are kinda hard to find but no where near as hard as finding wiimotes.

what do the ones in the store look like, got a picture of them?

NC62606.gif

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wc...707&lastAction=ProductDisplay&orderTotal=null

it looks like you can buy them right from the nintendo store online as well.

you can also go with the madcatz cables (what i have) for about $10 cheaper.

5755.gif

http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=322&CategoryImg=Nintendo_Wii

So those madcatz ones are just as good as any other ones?

itfc23 said:
wat do these actually do :S

They increase the resulotion of the wii to 480p instead of 480i (standard). If you have a TV that can support 480p (your tv must have component inputs) then you can use these cables to get a slightly better picture

jiggilo said:
So those madcatz ones are just as good as any other ones?

I'd say so they look great to me. The only problem I think you'd have with them is the same problem you'd have with any third party hardware. If your wii starts bugging out and you call the Nintendo Support Line they are automatically going to blame any third party hardware you have.

I'm not saying the third party hardware is going to damage anything, it wont. I'm just saying if you call nintendo they are going to tell you to buy their brand first and see if that fixes the problem (which it probably wont).

Got mine in from the Nintendo online store a few days ago. Zelda looks 5x better. I'm very happy with them. We have a 42" LCD HDTV and on widescreen beforehand it looked a little blurry and hazy in some parts. The light/dark really comes out much better via 480p instead of 480i. I'd say they were worth the $30 or however much they go for.

Your best bet is to go with the ones for the Nintendo store. I was told by a Gamestop employee that the Nintendo component cables are best. Here's the link to the cables. Nintendo Component cables.

Most of the time 3rd party accessories don't measure up to quality of a nintendo made product.

Back