Wii controller questions

ics

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
1. If you buy the wii clasic remote will it work with gamecube games?
2. When you buy a (wii game) do you have to use the wii remote or can you use the classic or gamecube controller?

Thanks

Interview: Virtual Console: Secrets exposed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

1. based off of that article (even though its a little old) GC games can only be played with a GC controller, while all virtual console games can be played with the GC controller

2. again using that article, all wii games can only be played with the wiimote. im not sure of the truth of that statement because its fairly common knowledge that super smash bros.: brawl is gonna be compatible with the GC controller

NO

phatboix91 said:
Interview: Virtual Console: Secrets exposed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

1. based off of that article (even though its a little old) GC games can only be played with a GC controller, while all virtual console games can be played with the GC controller

2. again using that article, all wii games can only be played with the wiimote. im not sure of the truth of that statement because its fairly common knowledge that super smash bros.: brawl is gonna be compatible with the GC controller

I downloaded a VC game (F-Zero) that on the download screen stated could be played with either the GC controller or the Classic Controller. When I tried to to play the game with the GC controller it told me that I must connect the classic controller and it would not let me play. I was pretty disappointed that the download screen basically misrepresented what I needed.

Later I was playing Donkey Kong with the Wii-mote and I still had the GC controller plugged in, it randomly started vibrating- very strange.

Controllers

A couple questions about the classic controller:
1. Can you play super smash brawl with it?
2. Does it connect to teh wiimote, or the top of the console?
3. When will the forecast and weather channel be up? (kinda random sorry)

Back