Wii & DS Wi-Fi!?!?!

I heard about this when wii was first announced but it doesn't seem that the wii acts as a router as rumors stated so no sorry but you can how ever use the Nintendo USB Wi-Fi adapter with your wii and ds or just go out and buy a router i suggest Linksys or D-Link there are also some buffelo ones specificaly stated on the box to support DS and Wii

Usurper74 said:
Does anyone know if I can connect my DS lite to play online via Wi-Fi through the Wii?

Why can't you use your DSlite to play online directly ?

If you are in a wireless hotspot then it can connect. If you have a wireless router at home, then it can connect directly to that.

I can't understand why you would want to connect to the net "through" the Wii when the DSlite can connect all by itself.

Maybe I misunderstood your question :)

hmmm do you mean like using the DS as some kind of "intelligent" controller?? :) that could be fun. E.g. you could show a map on the DS at all times whilst the main action on the TV screen :)

Well

Its not that my Wii wont connetc via wireless, it does. Works fine, BUT....for some reason I have never been able to connect with my DS or DSlite. It locates my connection, when its starts to connect, it goes to nil signal and then wont connect. My router works ALL the timewith my laptop, PSP and Wii, but not DS. Its really odd.

Ahh gotcha. Some routers aren't compatible with the DSLite (or the DS). I don't have a full list, but I know from personal experience that the BT Voyager 2000 has trouble.

Maybe if you could borrow a friends router, or take your DSLite to a mates who has wireless ?? That would at least prove that it's the router at fault :)

Back