Wii Fear U

BluRayPSP

TF2 Best Characters
Jul 7, 2009
Arkansas
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I have been having some concerns because it seems that Nintendo is destroying what seemed dear to them. That was good 1st party games and 3rd party content. The Wii stripped them of that because developers wanted to move on to the next best thing, better graphics and newer software to work with. XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 gave them that because they wanted to be able to add more. Now that Wii U will come out as powerful as these two systems will it hurt them if they don't send out top games. Now Assassin's Creed seems to be coming along, but what about first party. Will Retro Studios come out with the first HD FPS Metroid Prime game? Or will Shigeru piss consumers off by keeping on making old fashion Mario games that don't appeal the Open World Gamer. My other concern for the system is if Microsoft and Sony come out with their next gen console.

I will have to wait and see,
What's your opinion?

Or will Shigeru piss consumers off by keeping on making old fashion Mario games that don't appeal the Open World Gamer.

Agreed. There's not a single sidescrolling-loving gamer in the world anymore, everyone hated New Super Mario Bros. DS and Wii, balls to both of the games. They should certainly make all games to appeal to gamers who only like open world, no doubt.

... -_-; Come on now, if you weren't satisfied with Mario Galaxy for a 3D mario game, what will satisfy ya?

My bitching aside, I think you've got it backwards. Nintendo's focus has always been top of the line 1st party, but good 3rd party games were a bit rare back in the days of the N64 (although, if ya ask me, the NES and SNES thrived off of epic 3rd party games, like final fantasy 1-6, while Nintendo still held their grip on their classic 1st party series). Since then, I'd say the 'Cube got a bit more great 3rd party support, and the Wii even more so. And I think that trend of increasing 3rd party support with the still kickass 1st party games will continue to flow on the Wii U. As you mentioned, AC is coming to the WiiU. Plenty of other series have been looking to jump on the bangwagon that is the Wii as well, but couldn't because of it's lower specs; things like Ninja Gaiden in all their graphical glory are finding their way to the WiiU as well. Two 360/PS3 series that I've loved for years, and have high hopes for.

And of course, we've got Skyward Sword, another SSB for both the 3DS and the Wii, etc. etc. Nintendo's flow of spectacular 1st party titles has always been superior to just "good", they're the best in that regard. Noone tops Nintendo's 1st party titles, IMO. I'm not saying such games are the best period, but in terms of their numbers and quality, Nintendo takes the cake here.

... Speaking of cake, I want a portal 3 on the WiiU... Think of the possibilities with the tablet's multitude of devices. But, that's a tangent. :lol:

So my opinion, is the WiiU will be full of win. If they capitalize on what they've promised regarding improvements over the Wii's shortcomings, (better wi-fi, namely; since they already announced scrapping FCs, they're clearly working on it), it could be even MORE of a success, I'd imagine. Both monetarily and in terms of a fantastic gaming experience.

Although, I'm curious how, or if they even intend to pull in the senior citizen crowd to their profit margin like with the Wii... Old timers aren't gonna have an easy time learnin' to use the tablet controller, unless maybe they've already had some notable experience with the Wii.

To be honest, I've never really seen what the whole problem is with the WiiU. I mean, all the XBox, PS3, and a few Wii players wanted a nintendo console with better graphics, an old-fashioned controller with little or no motion involved, and some kicka** games to go with it. Well, Nintendo gave us that, but everyone is STILL saying it's gonna crash and burn. Why, because they wanted to keep it a bit more interesting by putting a screen in the controller? What does it take to please these people...

I didn't say I didn't like the look of the system. I'm more concern of how good the software will be. I don't want
Super Mario Galaxy 3 on Wii U because I don't like being timed in small fake 3D world I cannot explore and they do not put in any detail in the game anymore. Mario Sunshine had more detail than both Galaxy games and that's
saying something so did SM64. Now what about Metroid? Is Nintendo going to make the failed Other M for the nextsystem or Retros dominating FPS version? I want the FPS version and Mario Party 9. They didn't even make a
Mario Golf or any Mario Style Sports Game for Wii. They cheaped out and got Square Enix to make one for Wii

I didn't say I didn't like the look of the system. I'm more concern of how good the software will be. I don't want
Super Mario Galaxy 3 on Wii U because I don't like being timed in small fake 3D world I cannot explore and they do not put in any detail in the game anymore. Mario Sunshine had more detail than both Galaxy games and that's
saying something so did SM64. Now what about Metroid? Is Nintendo going to make the failed Other M for the nextsystem or Retros dominating FPS version? I want the FPS version and Mario Party 9. They didn't even make a
Mario Golf or any Mario Style Sports Game for Wii. They cheaped out and got Square Enix to make one for Wii

The fact you want a new Mario Party games shows your poor taste in games already. :lol: Haven't been good since 3, IMO. Some people like 4 or 5, but any higher and I just can't agree. Nintendo's milking the series, and there's no denying it. They've milked it dry by now, really...

... Do tell how 64 and Sunshine had more "exploration" in it, when all 3 games had a central hub (yes, Galaxy 1 and 2's especially was smaller; it's a hub, doesn't impact gameplay as long as it doesn't take away from said gameplay), and FIXED levels. There's never been a gigantic overworld of exploration like Zelda does. All 3 games have fixed things to do in levels, Galaxy is just more streamlined in presentation. But in return, you get multiple times as many levels as you did in 64 or especially Sunshine.

I can't defend Other M. :lol: Even a debater like me can't successfully do that without serious bullshittin', and that's not my style. But hey, there're gonna be flunk games every once in awhile for a really good series. They can't hit a home run every time they come to bat. Just because one sucked doesn't mean the next one is gonna blow. Case in point, LOZ 2. The game was god-awful, but almost every Zelda following was great, and at the very least, good.

I can agree on missing Mario Golf, though... 64 was part of my later childhood, and I still replay Advanced for the GBA on rare occasions.

So now I have poor taste for games. Now if that was true I would have a Wii Console, and I would go out and pick up a Wii U immediatly after release. If I had poor taste, I'd have a console, but the fact of the matter is... I want to play games, but every console you buy sucks. Playstation 3 sucks, because you have to buy every stupid virtual cloth in Home and you cannot change you Online ID. You can't even change one simple little letter, something that equals to one byte. You call up Sony... Sorry sir... you're just going to have to erase you whole account and restart from there. XBOX 360, you have to pay for the Online portion! And you can't go directly to the internet, plus the system is always having Hardware failure. What annoys me are the fans! "I love a US system even though they have screwed us over and over, not to mention release a console knowing of an error that tears the physical discs that you try to run. I still lover you Microsoft...P.S. Has Bill Gates said yes to our date?" which scares me and makes me wonder how can you get yourself too attached to these things.

So now I have poor taste for games. Now if that was true I would have a Wii Console, and I would go out and pick up a Wii U immediatly after release. If I had poor taste, I'd have a console, but the fact of the matter is... I want to play games, but every console you buy sucks. Playstation 3 sucks, because you have to buy every stupid virtual cloth in Home and you cannot change you Online ID. You can't even change one simple little letter, something that equals to one byte. You call up Sony... Sorry sir... you're just going to have to erase you whole account and restart from there. XBOX 360, you have to pay for the Online portion! And you can't go directly to the internet, plus the system is always having Hardware failure. What annoys me are the fans! "I love a US system even though they have screwed us over and over, not to mention release a console knowing of an error that tears the physical discs that you try to run. I still lover you Microsoft...P.S. Has Bill Gates said yes to our date?" which scares me and makes me wonder how can you get yourself too attached to these things.

In short, everything has it's faults, yeah? That's an opinion I can certainly agree with, lol.

Don't forget fanboyism is the same thing as bein' a hater. My point being, the vibe I got from your OP 'bout you hatin' the WiiU and Nintendo in general before it's even released ain't none too fair, I'd say. Just as how you're sayin' the fanboys for consoles are being stupid over something meaningless (especially the 360... I've been through the RROD and it's pathetic programming, ugh), it's pointless to hate on somethin'. Dislike, slightly or extremely, is perfectly normal. We all have preferences. But when you start assuming that somethin's gonna be **** before it's even released, that's a bit overboard, IMO.

ok first. "bangwagon" lol. and how do u guys not like metroid other m i think its been a really fun game so far and i havent finished it yet.(just got it) next the wii u will be awesome. that is all.

ok first. "bangwagon" lol. and how do u guys not like metroid other m i think its been a really fun game so far and i havent finished it yet.(just got it) next the wii u will be awesome. that is all.
The game is fine, but makes it flaws. The biggest one being the damage to Samus' character.

The game is fine, but makes it flaws. The biggest one being the damage to Samus' character.

And the feature length un-skipable cut scenes.

And fear not of the new sony/microsoft consoles. With the Move and Kinect only a year old, they'll keep on milkin that cow until it gets old. Give it about 2 more years.

As far as platformers vs open world stuff goes: Everyone has different taste. Mario galaxy never appealed to me much but NSMBW did as was the case with many others.

As for 3rd party titles just look at the Nintendo E32K11 press conference. They've got (Good) 3rd party titles coming out the butt now.

Last edited:
I don't like Metroid Other M because it may keep Nintendo from wanting make more FPS Versions. I like the FPS Versions better, much better.

There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to begin.
Can't believe you really think Nintendo won't make another FPS Metroid game.

Nintendo went from 2D to 3D Semi-Open World with Mario, now to 2.5D Mario. Its a mixture of 2D & 3D (2.5D), which I feel they should pick one; which they apparently have (NSMB) . I'm afraid Nintendo will go back to 2D Side Scrolling with Metroid. Right now, Nintendo is thinking of going into micro-transactions. Just like MS' XBOXLive & PS' Home, you have to pay just to have "fake dog s***" as I will put it. I will hate them if they do.

Back