wii fit 69.99? Jan '08 release?

jared19 said:
Only in America does someone buy a Bigmac-Supersize fries, and a diet coke.

And only in America (and UK) people buy a Wii Fit game, and request a disc changer so they dont have to get off of the couch :ciappa:

Actually in Canada you can get a double Big Mac.

jared19 said:

If you're already eating a big mac and supersizing, isn't that all the more reason not to pile on with high fructose corn syrup?

jared19 said:

And only in America (and UK) people buy a Wii Fit game, and request a disc changer so they dont have to get off of the couch :ciappa:

Eventually everyone in the world shall be just like us!!!

*evil laugh*

@Vagrant: You know I find it funny that you're quick to cap at people but on the other hand, you post off-topic stuff not related to the topic at all. That goes for en4neo and Wiinter too.

FR. said:
@Vagrant: You know I find it funny that you're quick to cap at people but on the other hand, you post off-topic stuff not related to the topic at all. That goes for en4neo and Wiinter too.

I was responding to someone else. And when do I ever ***** about people going off topic?

Someone was making a joke about Americans in reference too the wiifit board. I elaborated on the comment.

FR. said:

I celebrate off-topicness. I can point you to a post where I decry the 'stay-on-topic' sentiment. At the end of the day, it's just a forum, and a forum about gaming to wit. If you can't have a little fun here, where can you?

On the other hand, I get on Vagrant's case about everything, so that might be where you got the idea. Even if you review my anti-vagrant posts, you'll find me repeatedly saying "it's okay to go off topic".

Nintendo could put your brain size and fitness level in the new Mii channel they are coming out with.

FR. said:
That's funny you mentioned Dance-Dance Revolution because in the WiiFit trailer, they showed something very similar to Dance-Dance Revolution. Watch the trailer starting at 1:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlOG3PM_xHA

As you can see, the couple is doing a dance mechanism similar to Dance-Dance Revolution, a good idea on Nintendo's part.

also.....why would the lady dance in the background..its not that amazing fun?

ericlewis91 said:
also.....why would the lady dance in the background..its not that amazing fun?

Nintendo's ethos is that Wii Sports social environment. Clearly they were eager to keep that going, even if it didn't fit the circumstances.

I can imagine everyone getting together to watch the board in action the first time it gets opened up, but unless they anticipate selling multiple boards (at those prices, I doubt they do) to individual households, or unless they see getting other involved using Wiimotes (throwing soccer balls, hulla hoops..etc), I see their attempts to keep that magic alive looking increasingly silly. Wii Fit looks like a great product, it just doesn't look like a social one. Reminds me of the days when you only had two controllers, and so a 3rd person would wait by with bated breath for their chance to play the winner.

I think Nintendo can charge whatever they want (to a certain degree) because this this will sell.

I know I'ma buy it.
You can't pass something this neato up.
And I don't really think you can rent a wii balance board ;P

I'm actually very excited for wiifit and the balance board. I hope they use it for other games but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. As for the price and release date, I think it should be the usual amount, not 20$ more. I agree that the shipping cost is more for this than the wiimote but it can't cost drastically more than the wiimote to manufacture. Everything electronic is cheap to make these days, especially when you're making a million of them at once...

I think it coming out around January might actually be smart because everyone will be in new years resolution mode.

I'd rather it be a christmas thing though.. .
-Dave

Well, your estimate is close because I'm pretty sure it's confirmed for a late 2007 or early 2008 release date for the USA. I think in early December would be a better choice for Nintendo, it would make a good Christmas gift for a ton of people.

Back