Wii/Gamecube lifespan

Borch712ers

Deleted
Jan 1, 2007
I have a question. I was recently considering buying an Action Replay for my Gamecube (for those who do not know, an AR is a 'hacking' device in which you put codes in to get cheats for certain games, similar to a Gameshark, I think) until I thought, wait will this 'hacking cause any damage to my system? Also, recently an AR for Wii was released. If I get an AR for GC will it hurt my GC's lifespan whatsover? What about a GC AR on a Wii? Or a Wii AR with a Wii? I know it is hacking the system, but I didnt think it wouldnt hurt the lifespan, if it does AT ALL, than I will NOT be getting an Action Replay.

Also, one more question. I am a bit confused on how they already have a Wii Action Replay released. I thought that the AR would not work on any games released after it, apparently this is not the case, because that would mean the Wii AR would only work on about 10 games. Does the Wii/Gamecube AR work on games released after the AR, as long as new codes are put into it?

Thanks in advance for answering these two questions.

Ummm i think you somehow update the codes through the internet, I dont think it would harm the console i mean i have used one on my ps2 for about 5 years and its still as good as they i bought it.

As long as you are not taking the unit apart and soldering stuff it's fine. I see GC memory cards at the store with cheat codes built in. They're just saving you the hassle of unlocking everything by yourself, right?

All the AR does is edit the temporary memory of the game and altar settings in order to activate a cheat. Therefore it doesnt really involve the console so that can't really brake, and as soon as the game is restarted without AR then it returns to it's default settings therefore not even harming them game.

Many people use AR and I've heard of no problems relating to consoles as a result of using it.

Back