Wii games reccomendations?

Pozbit

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2009
England
Hiya,

I was recently given a Wii as a present. I was just wondering if anyone here could help me find some games to play.

I have mobility problems and use an electric wheelchair, I can't stand up without holding on, so things that require me to stand or use the balance board are out.

I like most games expect for shootemups and things like Silent Hill etc.

I tend to prefer games like Mario, Sonic etc. I love Cooking Mama on my DS and other cutesy games like that.

Thank you in advance.

Pozbit

Zelda is a great game and people can watch and enjoy while you play. Super Mario Galaxy is really fun to experience and is a must have. The new Super Mario is fun for the up to four people to work together.

Ooh, thank you! I'll have to get them.

Thank you for replying!

Last edited:
Hello, I recomed you follow my list of the best looking games on the Wii. These games are the best and push the Wii hardware to the limits, avoid purchase these kiddy games, mini-games and all of the shovelware around and buy only quality games.

My post of the best looking games is in this forum, check this out!!

Hello, I recomed you follow my list of the best looking games on the Wii. These games are the best and push the Wii hardware to the limits, avoid purchase these kiddy games, mini-games and all of the shovelware around and buy only quality games.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I took a look, unfortunately most of the games are shooters and sports games which I don't like, but I saw a couple that I'm interested in.

I like the look of a lot of the "kiddy" games and "mini-games" sorry.

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I took a look, unfortunately most of the games are shooters and sports games which I don't like, but I saw a couple that I'm interested in.

I like the look of a lot of the "kiddy" games and "mini-games" sorry.

don't worry. stickmode is a bit of a dumbass anyway.

games you might like are mysims, harvest moon, animal crossing,

Oh! I have Animal Crossing on my DS (I can't connect it to my wireless for some reason, haven't tried with the Wii yet) I haven't tried the others though. I'm looking them up on YouTube now.

Thank you!

Edit: MySims looks really cute, so does Harvest Moon. Thank you so much!

Last edited:
do you have full use of your hands?
i have only partial use of my left, but i really enjoyed SM:Galaxy.

I do mostly at the moment. It's starting to go but playing piano for 9 years seems to be keeping the progression in my hands down so far.

I would recommend:

Super Mario Galaxy - 3D Mario and one of the best Wii games.
New Super Mario Bros Wii - Classic 2D Mario action for up to 4 players.
Cooking Mama - Wii version of the DS original.
Trauma Center - A surgery game similar to Cooking Mama but it can be quite tough.
Rune Factory Frontier - A beautiful RPG (spin off from Harvest Moon) that lasts for hundreds of hours and is one of the sweetest Wii games.
Animal Crossing City Folk - The Wii version, it has online but not the variety of Rune Factory.
Endless Ocean - A relaxing ocean exploration game.
Rabbids Go Home - The Rabbids are funny.
My Sims Kingdom - Probably one of the best My Sims games and I saw this going for $10 at Toys R Us recently.

Any of those would likely suit your tastes but I'd especially recommend Rune Factory Frontier. It expands on Harvest Moon's farming aspect by adding dungeon exploring and lasts for ages, with you eventually getting married and even having kids. I own a lot of Wii games but have logged more hours in Rune Factory than any other game.

I would recommend:

Trauma Center - A surgery game similar to Cooking Mama but it can be quite tough.

I had to laugh at that line! :wink:

Well it is kind of similar, Cooking Mama uses the Wiimote to chop food up, Trauma Center uses the Wiimote to chop patients up (and then stitch them back together)! :wink:

Both of the Trauma Center games are pretty tough but they are awesome and a lot of people don't seem to be very aware of them, so I always try and give them a bit of a push. Next year also sees the release of the 3rd game in the series - Trauma Team, which is one of my most anticipated games on any system. :)

Well, if you like puzzles, then you should try Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' treasure. It has some truly mind-bending puzzles, Exceptionally pretty graphics, and a ton of fun overall.

De blob is also a really good choice. The graphics are relatively pretty, the game-play is fun but not too complex, and the entire thing is overall really charming and a joy to play.

Okami is one of the prettiest games I have ever played, plus it will last you a good long time. Think of a game that looks like it was drawn by Japanese calligraphists. The gameplay is a lot of fun too, though you have to draw on the screen with the Wii-mote, which could be difficult if you don't have full control of your hands.

When you say you're not into shooters, does that mean violence/blood in general? If so, then you'd better skip this paragraph. No More Heroes is a really fun, stylized, and hilarious game. It has a lot of blood and swearing in it, so it's not for the faint of heart, but it's fun and it's got a good plot. Madworld has even more violence, blood, and langauge, but it's also one of the more fun games I've played. It does require you to shake the wii remote a lot, though.

I personally had a lot of fun with sonic unleashed, though I would recommend a gamecube controller instead. it makes things a lot easier...

Those are the ones I can come up with off the top of my head. A lot of what I would mention has already been said: Harvest moon is pretty fun, as is rune factory. Zelda is a must, and the Mario games would probably interest you.

One last thing I'll recommend is Bit.Trip Beat on wiiware. It's sort of a rhythm game mixed with pong. it does require a lot of precision though, and it's very difficult. Definitely look it up before you play.

Whatever you end up getting, have fun! The wii has something for everyone.

Well, based in your preferences. I will recomend you:

"Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templars - The Director's Cut"

It has puzzes, a good story and all you wanted.

Back