wii interfering with watching television

Tokay

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2007
i had a good look at all the troubleshooting forums, but i couldnt see anyone else having this problem...
basically since the night i got my wii and installed it, the tv seems to switch to av on its own randomly every couple of hours. if you change it back to the channel you're watching, it just switches back again. it goes through a fit of doing this for about 10 minutes and then subsides.
it does this if im playing wii, watching tv, watching a dvd, or anything.
its very annoying as it completely disrupts what i'm doing.
i've taken the batteries out of the tv remote in case it was that, ive turned my wireless router off in case it was that, ive actually unplugged the wii and put the wiimotes in another room and it still happens, but my parents wont believe me that its just a problem with the tv.

i just want to sort it out, so if anyone else is having the same problem or knows what it could be, please tell me!

thanks!

does this problem occur if you hook up any other video game systems or dvd players, etc... into that same source input?
I have a tv that is like that. It is old and only has one a/v input, which causes erratic problems with my picture quality when I have my xbox plugged in.

My suggestion is to try another device in the same input (i.e. video 3 or video 4 or whatever). There may just be a problem with one source.
Let me know if what I said is confusing

hey yeah i've run a dvd player through the same source, and even when NOTHING is plugged into it, it will still switch to the av channel randomly.

thanks anyway though.

Back