Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Internet Connection Drop-Outs

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Online' started by Dallan, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Dallan

Dallan Wii-less

Hiya,
    First off, no I don't have a Wii of my own yet ;) But every now and then a bunch of friends get together at my place and one of them brings his Wii with him. I recently got a new ISP, and with it, a wireless router, so when he brought his Wii over last, we connected that sucker up to the internet.

At first everything seemed to go fine, it was a little slow but that's fine. The problem we're having with it is that whenever we leave one channel that uses the connection and try to connect to another, it loses the connection (eg, looking at the weather channel, then exit it and try to connect to the News channel and the connection times out).

I found a fix for it by going into the Wii settings and selecting 'Use Connection 1' before entering a new channel, but that really isn't a long term solution.

I'm using a NetComm NB5Plus4W ADSL2+ Modem Router. My DS works fine with it, and the Wii connects fine, it's just channel hopping is extremely annoying when you have to go into the settings all the time.

Hoping you can help me, because I want to make sure when I buy my Wii that it'll all work fine.

2. mym6

mym6 WiiChat Member

How far is the Wii from the router? Since the wii doesn't tell you how strong of a signal it is getting, it's nearly impossible to know how good of reception it gets.

3. Dallan

Dallan Wii-less

About 8m away. My DS shows a full strength connection to WFC at the same distance, and further.