Wii internet

andyd99

soon to be divorced
Aug 6, 2007
Staffs UK!!
Wii Online Code
6306-3523-3585-1505
Purchased the wii last night after a full week of nagging the missus that i want one, she finally gave into me, so i went out and got one before she changed her mind. It turned out she enjoyed it as much as I did. However being so new to the wonderfull world of the Wii, i managed to connect my router to it, and have a look round the news and weather channels. (im pressuming ive done it if it gave me upto date weather and news reports).
Any way after looking through the net this morning it says you can surf the net like a normal laptop or pc, with something called Opera?. What do I have to do to enable me to do this, and is there any downloading costs involved.
Sorry for sounding a bit vaige, but im not one bit technically minded, so any help would be greatly appreciated.:scared:

You can purchase and download the Wii Internet Channel from the Wii Shop Channel. The Internet browser was free until the end of June so you just missed out :O . It now costs 500 Wii Points, which is not that expensive.

yep, if you have seen/read the news and weather then you are online.

on your main wii menu, you will have a 'shop channel', to get the browser you need to go here and you should see a choice between 'virtual console' (so the older nintendo games you can download and play) or the other one, cant remember its actual name but its something like 'wii software'

go here and you will the option to download the opera browser, i know it was free, but it may now cost you some wii points (which you can purchase with a credit card on the wii itself, or buy a points card in a shop/online retailer)

Points Purchase

Sounds good to me, dumb question, where can i purchase points from?

Yep sorry, posted that one before I read it properly:mad5:

Wii Points

Have Just been out to purchase 2000 wii points, but whats the disk all about, cause to me it just seems like to me you follow the instructions and scratch off the number and enter it in.???????????????????????

disk?

i have never bought a points card, but i was pretty certain it was just that, a card....(which you can scratch off like you say)

if you have a visa/mastercard you can buy them using the wii, in the shop channel, 'add wii points' i think its called

yeh its baffled me to, havent had chance to try the disk yet, but i just don't see the point in it all, when all you have to do is to scratch the card,enter the number, and start spending.
Also these classic games you can buy with the wii points system, can you use the standard controler on its side, or do you have to have another one?

Well, for NES/Turbografix you don't need the classic controller or the gamecube controller. But for the SNES/Genesis/N64, you do need either one.

ok well like i say i dont know what the disk is, you'll have to have a look see

and you can use the normal remote for NES games, TurboGFX games, Megadrive games..

for SNES and N64 games you will need either a 'classic' controller or a GameCube pad

Back