Wii Medical Problems - Please Read

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
Wow i just finished reading an article about the Wii and its actions,
apparently some guy ended up in hospital with swolen joints that had to be operated on.
When playing tennis and such energy from the body is sent up the arm and into the bat/club/raquet which then passes on energy to the ball which causes it to move through the air. when playing wii energy from the body is sent up the arm and into the wiimote, however there is no ball to transfer this kinetic energy to so the energy is rebounded back through the wiimote and down the arm where its released in the weakest parts of the arm (i.e. the spaces between joints) apparently this builds up a fluid in the joints and can cause swelling and pain.

:yikes: man i guess the wiis not so good for exersize lol! however this aint gonna stop me playing it :lol: :p

Almo said:
apparently some guy ended up in hospital with swolen joints that had to be operated on.
When playing tennis and such energy from the body is sent up the arm and into the bat/club/raquet which then passes on energy to the ball which causes it to move through the air. when playing wii energy from the body is sent up the arm and into the wiimote, however there is no ball to transfer this kinetic energy to so the energy is rebounded back through the wiimote and down the arm where its released in the weakest parts of the arm (i.e. the spaces between joints) apparently this builds up a fluid in the joints and can cause swelling and pain.

:yikes: man i guess the wiis not so good for exersize lol! however this aint gonna stop me playing it :lol: :p

wtf?!?!?!?

SLrocket said:
wtf?!?!?!?
yeah i know thats what i thought, but hey if it happens to me ill probly just cut my ligiments and drain the fluid myself lol (bloody rugged kiwis)

Oh, bull! The guy did it by being dumb. He's blaming it on the Wii. Yawn, everyone tries to sue Ninendo.

Monsteroids said:
Oh, bull! The guy did it by being dumb. He's blaming it on the Wii. Yawn, everyone tries to sue Ninendo.
lol either that or he played wii tennis for 24hours strait lol

LOL.... maybe weighted gloves would help it a bit? or don't swing so hard.

following through would help too.

Last edited:
That's crazy.
Maybe it's just really rare. Did the guy have any other past pain from his joints before playing the Wii?

Almo said:
he played wii tennis for 24hours strait lol
Yeah, I think it's the excessive play, otherwise, wouldn't we all be getting injured and complaining? :lol:

Also, do we know how old this guy is?

Riviet said:
Yeah, I think it's the excessive play, otherwise, wouldn't we all be getting injured and complaining? :lol:

Also, do we know how old this guy is?
24 if i remember correctly

Ok folks. Remember to stretch every muscle before turning the wii on. In this persons case seems like they need to spend a little more "personal" time and this would have not been a problem. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had a kinda pain the next morning from playing boxing for 4 hours. I got to pro!!!! :lol:

Almo said:

Hahaha!! I hope you dont believe this ****... according to this all baseball players would have severely messed up joints in there arms, wrists and shoulders.

Do you have any idea how much players swing and miss the ball while batting??? and theres other things that i could go on about but its not worth it.

Back