Wii on the verge of breaking?

lloyd_yayo

Nintendo 4life
Oct 16, 2006
ohio
Wii Online Code
7527 1826 6337 6464
couple of weeks ago i moved my wii while it was on the main menu, had a disc in there. now every now and then it makes a loud whirrrrrrr noise for about 1 minute then stops.
worried about this breaking, its way past warranty, and i dont wanna lose all my VC games. anyone been through this?

If it does stop working altogether, you'll have to send it to Nintendo for repair. Whether they repair the one you have or replace it with a refurbished or new unit, they will make sure to transfer all your Wii Shop data to the new console, you will not lose your purchased games.

If you choose not to have it repaired and just buy a new unit yourself, then you are SOL.

^^^ sounds good, thanks for the info.

Does it do that with all discs, or just that one? It sort of sounds like the disc is a bit out of balance and is wobbling while spinning, which can make a sound sort of like that. But if all discs are doing it, then there could be a problem with the Wii itself. If it's just that one disc, make sure the disc is clean and there are no stickers or anything like that on it.

Back