Wii Orb

hot_chili

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2007
HI, i have downloaded orb and i can use it on my wii to view the photos and folders on my laptop but i cant watch the videos and play the audio.
I have turned my firewall settings off.

Can anyone aid my in the right direction?

The video files and audio files on my computer are all windows media player and win amp

No, no... he means are you outputting them in FLV format (Flash Video)? If not, go to your mycast.orb on your computer and change it to output FLV under your settings tab. That is the ONLY way you will be able to watch the videos and stuff you have.

i Have logged in on my pc and i cant find the settings tab?
And on my pc on the bottom right corner of the screen where all the button things are the orb sign is black and has an exclamation mark

hi what i did was turn off all firewalls etc. and then i went right clicked on the orb circle in the system tray and went to configure then go to the advanced tab and under direct feed you click check and it should tell you if your firewalls are off or not and if you will be able to stream...

but on another note, after sucessfully streaming, the videos are very slow to stream and not as good quality as i thought, i get about 3 seconds into the movie, video, etc. and it begins to skip and then i leave it for about 10 minutes and i can only then go about 3 minutes in then it starts to fast forward in horrible quality and also skip

anyone else having these problems with orb?

no you have to go to the orb site on the wii and change it to the flash 7 or what ever it is. it doesnt matter what you have it on your pc. but on your wii the setting should be the flash 7. i tried doing it on just the pc and it didnt work till i did it on the wii.

hmm well when i tried to change it theres only Flash Video High Quality and Flash Low Quality

i changed it under settings on the mycast.orb.com on my wii

is that the right site i should be changing it at?

yes thats right. it should work now. also hit me up with a private message for a great site imo that lets you watch movie like grindhouse and recent movie on the web that works on the wii.

I tried using Orb on my wii, my audio plays fine but videos I tried in AVI and RM are all strange, they come out all boxy and slow, >.< anyone got a way to resolve this?

Back