Video on the Wii/Wii Orb Feedback

supermandudekid

Wiikender
Apr 6, 2007
Wii Online Code
7954-4237-6337-3848
Ok, I've heard many people talking about Video and such on their wii.
Yes there is the option of getting an SD card but you will need a big one.

There is another option called orb. What happens is you download orb, and upload all your videos and audio even pictures and documents onto your orb profile. This is all on your home computer.

Now on your wii... you type in http://mycast.orb.com
and put in your username and password, then you will be able to browse through all your video and audio that you have uploaded.

BUT there are very many problems with this program...
1. Firewalls are big problems for this orb, and you need to turn off all firewalls
2. You need to go to http://mycast.orb.com ON YOUR WII and go to settings and make sure your playing the flash player. There is an option of high or low quality (I havent figured out the difference).
3. Different movie formats don't play? Can someone confirm this?
4. Personally for me when i try and stream a movie, its very choppy and dosent actually stream. It might be my wirless internet connection, but i have cable and how fast do you really need?

Feel free to put all your feedback about Wii Orb and your problems and such and hopefully we can have more people using this if it is really good, or warn people about what there getting into.

ya i know i found orb from your post..

im just wondering if people are having the same problem with streaming the videos as i am
the quality is bad and it just skips through the whole video
seems to me that my internet just inst fast enough to stream
even though i have cable...:confused:

it should but i know what you mean. i tried to look at a movie and it started out fine. but i guess it started to load slow and started to get choppy. the quality i guess would be based off the video itself. but i notice that it would be playin some stuff then that no network availble would pop up. i didnt understand that at all. nothing else is using wireless and its encrypted.

Back