Forget ORB for the Wii

nxcmp

Tech Support
Jan 22, 2008
USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
ORB for the Wii in streaming your PC media to the console is "IMO" bad (but not saying it sucks in anyway), like I need to give out more personal information including my collection. Check out Wiideo. Allows you to steam most video or audio track to your Wii through the browser. I have it set up on one of my PCs that is tied to network attached storage (Mapped Drives) and its the gateway to my entire collection.

Hey, I just wanted to ask how you got it to work, I've already portforward it and when I open it, it does nothing and when I try to access it on my Wii it says it doesn't support the site.

manred said:
Hey, I just wanted to ask how you got it to work, I've already portforward it and when I open it, it does nothing and when I try to access it on my Wii it says it doesn't support the site.

Make sure you are using the full browser and include the port to the web address you type in with :8080 at the end (port 8080 is default)

duks3 said:
Dont diss orb, its ammazin

Hence the "(but not saying it sucks in anyway)" statement

Does either Orb or this Wiideo allow you to stream video files straight from their .avi format, or must they always be converted to another format first?

vi3tmix said:
Does either Orb or this Wiideo allow you to stream video files straight from their .avi format, or must they always be converted to another format first?

Wiideo is transcoding the video or audio track your streaming to the wii on the fly so there is no need to convert all your content :smilewinkgrin:

What do I need to type in my wii browser to get this to work? I tried 192.168.1.6, 192.168.1.6:8080, 192.168.1.6:8080/index.jsp and none of them work.

cool!! i've just installed it!!

it's much better than orb, but still needs a lot of improvement:

- better zoom/view
- subtitles seem to be in Russian letters - in my case

lenitao3 said:
cool!! i've just installed it!!

it's much better than orb, but still needs a lot of improvement:

- better zoom/view
- subtitles seem to be in Russian letters - in my case

well for being a 3rd party application, free, and can be hosted from any PC I don't mind the bugs. It's still a work in progress. One of my favorite features is there is (no re-encoding needed), + no installation required, no registering, no logging in, its all contained in your own "private" network :thumbsup: Hell if you have a lot of media just map a drive to you multi terabyte NAS RAID Array.

Last edited:
X@vier said:
any1 have any screen shots of this app, I would like to know a little more about it.

thnx,

~X

Sorry, I would if I had the time, I'm sure others will be willing to help, or just do some online searches for it. I'm sure you will find the answers you are looking for. :yesnod:

Back