Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Overheating i think? then shuting off!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by yian_master, Nov 10, 2007.

1. yian_master

yian_master WiiChat Member

This has probally been posted before and i know there is thread about help but alot of the times now one replies and at the moment i really want to play my wii!:mad5: Now to the problem when ever im playing my wii for one hour or less it turns off and the light on the power button turns off. The first couple of times this happend i thought the power cord was falling out so i took it out and out it back in then played it again but then it happend again. I heard that this happens coz you leave wiiconnect24 on and it overheats and you should turn it off during night which i don't do coz some times messages come late and i will miss them. Is there any other way i can fix this problem or do i just have to switch the wii off completely?:scared:

2. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    It should not be WiiConnect24 because I leave it on and I have never had power issues. Make sure the Wii is turned off every night so that it is not running for too long, check it though, it is very easy to walk by it and say that it's off since the rumble is very low. That will lead to overheating and eventually to the Wii shutting down for good.

You mentioned the power cord, try blowing into each socket, that usually works with gaming plugs or controllers when they are acting strange.

Hope I could help.

3. Sylux

Sylux Bounty Hunter

Wii Friend Code: 3986-3356-9082-8504
    3986-3356-9082-8504
    I leave my wii on so I can get wii-mail from people. Does yellow light on the wii = off?

4. Taero

Taero WiiChat Member

Nope, red = off/standby. Yellow = Wiiconnect24.

Yellow comes on when you power the wii down with the controller, red when you hold the power button on the console in

5. Sylux

Sylux Bounty Hunter

Wii Friend Code: 3986-3356-9082-8504
    3986-3356-9082-8504
    So should i leave it on yellow light or red light? Cause I like to get my wii-mail asap.

6. Taero

Taero WiiChat Member

Well if you want your wii-mail as soon as it gets there then it has to be Yellow, red means it's not connected to the net. However yellow pulls more power and also leaves the wii slightly warm constantly.

7. Skippy

Skippy WiiChat Member

Possibly the fan is defective?

8. yian_master

I thought when its off on red light and a message comes you don't get it because i was grounded from the internet and my mum took out the cord that connect the router to the modem for 1 month and my friends sent me message during when i was grounded and they never came.

9. Taero

Taero WiiChat Member

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure, I don't use my wii for messages. But look at it this way, I rarely leave mine on standby and had it unplugged for months as I got bored :p When I plugged it in I still got messages from nintendo waiting for me so they must go in a queue. Or maybe it's just because they came from Ninty.

10. manakill

manakill LEET MEMBER

they should have put a more powerful fan on it.

red is off and it doesn't get messages. but when you turn it on it tries to connect.

11. KyleForMe

KyleForMe Don't believe his lies.

Wii Friend Code: 5710-8093-1849-3803
    5710-8093-1849-3803
    Evidentally there is the potential for a faulty a/c adapter. However it could be something wrong with the Wii itself. Also make sure its got room to ventilate and that the fan runs occasionally. One change that may be worth a try is to put the wii on its side if it isn't already like that. If the Wii is on its side, it receives somewhat better airflow for the internal cooling fan.

This is what Nintendo recommends trying before calling them, but if it does not work you'll notice theres a customer service line at the bottom. Hope this helps
    :smilewinkgrin:

#11 KyleForMe, Nov 11, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  12. yian_master

Non of this stuff seems to work. Should I call nintendo?

13. killik119

killik119 Quality Control.

Wii Friend Code: 3480-6187-2679-2938
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    yeh, if you think it's neccessary, give nintendo a call. thats what i'd do. although, i've never had that problem and i play it constantly with it on standby overnight...