Wii playable on an angle?

PixelPush

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2007
My living room is set up with the TV on a angle in the corner of the wall

Can the wii be played on a little bit of an angle or does it have to be facing you

Doesn't really matter except in cases such as Wii Sports and boxing where movement is key. The more important part is for your arms to be more or less within the height of the sensor (if anything).

It can be played at an angle, like mine.

Motion games work fine.

Pointer games will wok pretty well, but if you need to show closeness and farness of the pointer from the TV then it could be fussy (Monkey Ball darts, Wii Play fishing, and pool games?).

It's also tougher to isolate other light sources from the Remote. At my house if you sit at an angle and more-so face the kitchen, I have had to turn off the kitchen's ceiling fan lights to keep the Remote's pointer from being shaky.

Make sense?

261311 said:
Doesn't really matter except in cases such as Wii Sports and boxing where movement is key. The more important part is for your arms to be more or less within the height of the sensor (if anything).
You have no idea what you're talking about.

mushroomedmario said:
just slightly move your sensor bar so it's facing you.....
I hot-glued the sensor bar the the bottom center of my TV and told the Wii it was mounted to the top of the TV (the TV is like 5' from the floor).

The TV is mounted on a mount which allows it to swivel to the viewers. So when I aim the TV between the two couches, it performs equally great for a party.

mushroomedmario is right, as long as you ensure the IR bulbs are viewable to all players, you have flexibility in placement of the sensor bar.

Last edited:
RadNad said:
Can't you just move the Sensor Bar instead? Doesn't the Wii have Calibration Settings?

There's no calibration... all you can adjust is how sensitive the remote is to the brightness (distance-wise) of the sensor bar.

Clarke said:
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Yes I do, else I wouldn't of commented. You couldn't possibly know what works for me as I haven't met you, now could you? I was suggesting something that might incorporate his hopes with the best playability so be quiet.

Its quite difficult to play mine at any more than, say...a 75 degree angle. It gets real jumpy.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Its quite difficult to play mine at any more than, say...a 75 degree angle. It gets real jumpy.

you break out a protractor? :smilewinkgrin:

No, it was a guestimate, given that playing directly in front of the TV would be 90 degrees.

Back