Wii problems connecting to wireless channel

Burgerking

WiiChat Member
Jun 8, 2007
So, my Wii online works fine, first off. Although, every single time I turn off my Wii and start it up again, in order to go online wirelessly I need to change my routers wireless channel on my PC. It's a huge pain and I don't know why it does this. Fortuanetly, I can fix it and get online, it's weird though, because it doesn't matter what wireless channel it is, as long as it's different than the one it's currently on.

Is there a way to make the Wii just ACCEPT one channel forever rather than just once or am I doomed to change the damn channel everytime I want a new VC game?

hmmm....'tis strange.

tbh, it's wierd how the Wii accepts wifi.

i've seen (on many occasions) pc's connected to routers whereby both devices have used different channels.

what router are you using?

is it running the latest firmware?

ciper said:
Did you disable SSID broadcast on the router?

No, it is enabled.

And it's a Linksys Wireless-B BEFW11S4 model. I believe it's at the current firmwire...

yes..that is very strange...have you looked on the nintendo site for the exact way to have it set up?...my other computer upstairs does the same thing when we turn it on and off it loses the info from my main computer...i took the SSID broadcast off...changed the channels...made sure my ssid name wasn't default....all those kinda things and now its good to go.....everything has to be perfect..well atleast with mine...i have the dlink wireless router

Back