wii region lock

ericphisu

WiiChat Member
Oct 7, 2007
i have a japanese wii but it does'nt play uk pal games
does anyone know how to unlock the region code?

You would have to install a modchip in order to circumvent the region locking.

help!!

sorry....i know this is out of topic here but i have no idea how to post a new thread o if some one could help me with that,that would be kool and once again i am sorry that i enterupted this thread

Nope you can't plat PAL Wii (not gamecube) games with Japanese Wii.
And I'm sure there won't be any freeloader for it because Nintendo will update wii so that the freeloader cannot be used

You MADHOUZE need to do more research.

MADHOUZE said:
Nope you can't play PAL Wii (not gamecube) games with Japanese Wii. And I'm sure there won't be any freeloader for it because Nintendo will update wii so that the freeloader cannot be used

You sir are needs to get more info before mouthing off. First off everyone knows the wii is Region locked. Second the Japanese Wii uses NTSC format for wii games like the US. Third yes the action replay freeloader will work because Datel is super vising every update that nintend does to their console and to put it sthraight so far only Game Cube Freeloaders are not comaptible with the Wii after update 2.0 or 2.2. And nintendo hasnt done an update to block wii freeloaders because there arent any and even if they blocked Datel Freeloader/action replay, Datel can sue nintendo because their impeding with their products trying to cause them to go bankrupt or near it. So little nintendo can do nothing about it with out getting into legal issues because they always play by the rules so please reseach information before you go thinking you know it all. ~MRCOOLGH~

MRCOOLGH said:
You sir are needs to get more info before mouthing off. First off everyone knows the wii is Region locked. Second the Japanese Wii uses NTSC format for wii games like the US. Third yes the action replay freeloader will work because Datel is super vising every update that nintend does to their console and to put it sthraight so far only Game Cube Freeloaders are not comaptible with the Wii after update 2.0 or 2.2. And nintendo hasnt done an update to block wii freeloaders because there arent any and even if they blocked Datel Freeloader/action replay, Datel can sue nintendo because their impeding with their products trying to cause them to go bankrupt or near it. So little nintendo can do nothing about it with out getting into legal issues because they always play by the rules so please reseach information before you go thinking you know it all. ~MRCOOLGH~

Actually the last part of your statment is wrong, nintendo can actually sue datel for circumventing its region protection. The only problem is datel is located in the UK and their local laws at least right now don't offer nintendo the same protection the laws in the USA do.

Back