Wii remote accuaracy...

Depends on what you mean by "accurate." You won't be able to hold it up to your eye like a sniper and expect to point at a spot on the screen and have it go there. That's not a lack of accuracy, that's just not what it's for.

You may have heard it before (I think I've said it a few times in various places) - the Wiimote is like a mouse - it's relative. You move it up, down, left, right, forward, backwards, tilted forward, tilted backwards, tilted up, tilted down, upside down, etc...and it'll not only nail it completely accurately, but it can detect the speed and acceleration that you're doing it at. It'll be as accurate at detecting motion as your mouse is, except in 3D space instead of a 2D desk.

i am completly surprised at how accurate it is.
i expected it to be a bit janky but it works really well

Very accurate, and as tony said, it is like a mouse

Accelerometers are really accurate too

I always seem to have a natural curve to left side in my bowling though. Do you think it's just my Wii, or am I naturally left-retarded? Need to go to a real bowling alley and check it out. Cos my little brother was doing perfectly, and stuff.

when i bowl in real life it goes naturaly to the left so u have to move more to the right then u would normally, kinda like sighting a gun in you know what i mean? anyway, I can't play my wii until christmas but I've been on these forums since my parents got it for me, im so excited! and glad that it's accurate, i was worried about that at first but after a couple of days on the forum i realized that's not an issue

hahaha... someone in here just gave me an idea...

Wii-mote scope anyone? someones gotta try this. Get it on ur wii mote in such a way so it wont interfere with gameplay but then if u need to do some quick precise aiming u lift it upto ur eye and .. pop pop pop... yea.. it might work. Maybe Ill make one using a toilet paper roll :p

Back