Wii remote giving out?????

Billii

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Ok this happened to me 2 time already but...MY WII IS GETING UNSUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Does anyone know whats going on????

This has happned to me a couple of times two but I turn it off then back on and it works fine not sure what it is though

Last edited:
You need to use both of your reset buttons. You have one under the battery cover on the wiimote and the other is in the card slot on the front of the wii. Hitting both of these synch's your wiimote to your wii again. This solved the problem for us. Good Luck!

X-Knee said:
You need to use both of your reset buttons. You have one under the battery cover on the wiimote and the other is in the card slot on the front of the wii. Hitting both of these synch's your wiimote to your wii again. This solved the problem for us. Good Luck!
I know but I turn it off and back on it won't work this is what I want to know is DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON???

do you mean you turned the remote off and on and the Wii won't respond or the other way round??

if the Wii isn't responding, pull the power cable out of the back, wait a mo, put it back in and it should solve your problem....

Last edited:
i know how to fix this. Turn the wii console off completely by holding the power button on the console until the light turns red, wait about 10 seconds, then using the wii remote that isnt working correctly, press the power button on the wii remote, the console should turn on and go right to the start-up black and white warning screen, press the A button on the wii remote to have it turn on. This SHOULD work, its worked everytime ive come across this problem, but this obviously only works on screwed up wii remotes that have been synced to the wii its not responding to. i hope this solves your problem

I've found that once the batteries get down to even 3/4 the controllers will occasionally turn off during play. Your best bet is to use rechargeable batteries and just recharge them pretty much every time after you're done.

Altruist said:
I've found that once the batteries get down to even 3/4 the controllers will occasionally turn off during play. Your best bet is to use rechargeable batteries and just recharge them pretty much every time after you're done.

ehh idk if its how charged the batteries are, i mean, if theres any amount of juice left in a battery at all, the battery continues with the same flow of electricity until it completely dies. I think it has to do with radio interference, because sometimes when i put my cell phone next to the wii remote, if im about to get a call or text from someone, the wii remote gives out, maybe it could be that or other types of interference to the wii console

my wii remote from time to time get unsynced. when i first got it (it was presynced with the wii already, the remote it came with) and i got another remote, my boyfriend in his infinate amount of wisdom attempted to use the power button and mess up the syncing between the first initial remote! took me seriously 10 min to figure it out and i was highy aggrivated.

second time, i packed it in my carry bag to a friends house and i guess the buttons pressed in the bag and it unsynced again.

its highy annoying from time to time

The_Loose_Cannon said:
my wii remote from time to time get unsynced. when i first got it (it was presynced with the wii already, the remote it came with) and i got another remote, my boyfriend in his infinate amount of wisdom attempted to use the power button and mess up the syncing between the first initial remote! took me seriously 10 min to figure it out and i was highy aggrivated.

second time, i packed it in my carry bag to a friends house and i guess the buttons pressed in the bag and it unsynced again.

its highy annoying from time to time

hmm thats odd, i press the 1 & 2 button together by accident all the time and it doesnt unsync......God obviously didnt like you that day, maybe he/she likes you today? hes/shes very moody

Guitarsmasher108 said:
hmm thats odd, i press the 1 & 2 button together by accident all the time and it doesnt unsync......God obviously didnt like you that day, maybe he/she likes you today? hes/shes very moody

lmao maybe.

yeah he touched the power button when i turned the wii on manually (on the wii itself not using the remote). the originally synced remote just didnt work after that??? i thought he broke it until i actually read the mannual ( i never read them i just hook it up and go)

Same here hooked up and went but I found often in bowling my ball was always going to the right now. Could that be a sync problem or could it be a remote problem? p.s. I am very kind to my remotes I have not smashed them on anything or anyone soo far. lol

Back