wii rumor that i heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Wii-wii of DOOM

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
i heard a rumor from my friend that an adapter will come out that will enable the wii to play all n64 and original nintendo games on it. my friend said that they heard it from a guy at best buy. has anyone heard anything about this and if it is true, how is gonna work?

what do u mean??like you just plug it in and it lets you play ALL the old games??that would be awesome but i bet IF they made something like that it would be like a modchip and it would cost alot....

thats a neat idea but i dont see why they would do that, they will eventually release all of their old titles on the vc, well most of them anyway. I guess if this is true though it will be easier to play them.

Eventually they will, i mean it can already play 60+ older nintendo/3 party games on it. Just give nintendo a month of 2 and you will have all the games you could ever want.

No WAY Nintendo would ever release anything that you could buy in order to play any old NES, Super NES and 64 games on it. By doing so, they would see the death of the Virtual Console, and lose tons of money. Instead of all of us buying these games on the VC to play on the Wii, second hand stores that sell used vintage games would reap all the benefits of an "adapter" like that.

I feel confident in saying that, No, Nintendo would never release anything like that.

Exactly, that's killing the point of N64 VC. Yes there are only a few N64 VC games out right now, there are sure to be many coming. An adapter would only make things worse and collapse the point of VC.

jeagle82 said:
No WAY Nintendo would ever release anything that you could buy in order to play any old NES, Super NES and 64 games on it. By doing so, they would see the death of the Virtual Console, and lose tons of money. Instead of all of us buying these games on the VC to play on the Wii, second hand stores that sell used vintage games would reap all the benefits of an "adapter" like that.

I feel confident in saying that, No, Nintendo would never release anything like that.
i realise this but a guy who worked at circuit city told my friend that they were gonna come out with an adaptor..... but it does sound pointless...

rumors are rumors.. until there is a VALID source of info thats what it will be a rumor.
Now having a adapter like that sounds great but I totally agree with everyone in saying that is false information, it would be the end of the VC and nintendo will lose out in lots of money...

why would a company making so much risk creating something that would make then lose profit? maybe a 3rd party company can but not nintendo..

I heard a rumour that everything you read on the internet is not 100% true. But if it's in ALL CAPS, it surely must be true!!
But seriously, rumours are rumours. You have no links to any sort of helpful info, so basically you have nothing.

In your first post you said that a guy from best Buy said it, and then you say a guy form Circuit City. Which one is it?

"wii rumor that i heard i heard a rumor from my friend that an adapter will come out that will enable the wii to play all n64 and original nintendo games on it. my friend said that they heard it from a guy at (best buy). has anyone heard anything about this and if it is true, how is gonna work?"

"i realise this but a guy who worked at (circuit city) told my friend that they were gonna come out with an adaptor..... but it does sound pointless..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back