Wii Rushed?

backslash

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Is the Nintendo Wii worth it right now? I am sure I will get it either way, but it appears everyone seems to be having trouble with the things that are promised for later, and besides, no online play yet? Are we going to assume all launch games will never be online, or that we will need to re-purchase them? Or do they have the online function sitting there and just not working yet?

I seem to think the Wii is going to dissapoint me for a few reasons, and I am going to form them as questions to give myself hope and because I admit I am not much of a news stalker:
1) Will the Wii have Opera web browser within some reasonable time?
2) Will it support USB Keys/Keyboards/Mice EVER? There were no comments made about this and I am worried.
3) Google Talk, MSN and/or AIM support that can float over/beside/around the web browser or games would be amazing. (thought id toss that in just incase someone at Nintendo is interested in what customers say) (and no meebo.com wont due)
4) Like I said above, will online function exist for games? and if so will it (in some way that dosent cost money) exist on pre-online released games?

I hear The internet multi player function wont be too far off. a couple of months. trust me. get the wii asap lol. dont listen to ps3 and xbox propaganda. the wii will win. :)

Online functionality will come along with the browser and such. It's simply a matter of time. The only reason I would agree the Wii was rushed is the fact that even though they're pretty plentiful, one can get one if they put even a little bit of effort into it, controllers and component cables are no where to be found... and what fun is Wii Sports without 2 controllers? I just find it kind of strange how easily I found a Wii and now I'm having a ton of trouble finding an extra controller.

Back