"Wii sensor bar hates the sun?"

Jenova

Final Distance
Oct 1, 2006
New York
Wii Online Code
8507-9443-5099-4224
I thought of this as a funny article, written by IGN:

" Nintendo's new Wii console utilizes a sensor bar -- placed on or near a television -- to translate precise movements from the Wii remote. The sensor bar is not necessary for every Wii game, but is integral for titles like first-person shooters, where pixel-perfect aiming accuracy is required.

Bearing all of this in mind, people who plan to play their Wiis in direct sunlight -- perhaps on the beach, in a greenhouse, or maybe on the surface of the moon -- have been in an uproar over recent rumors that suggest the bar's reliability may take a nosedive in direct sunlight.

Although we couldn't possibly care less about this non-issue, we contacted Nintendo of America for some clarification, and the subsidiary downplayed any interference problems.

"Our testing thus far shows no great risk of light interference when playing a game that relies on the pointer and sensor bar."

In a related story, some Nintendo fans are planning to protest in front of Nintendo of America's Seattle headquarters after learning that Wii discs are, in fact, inedible. More as the story breaks. "

Got me thinking that it's a possiblity the sensor bar would be sensitive to bright light, but I'm glad it's not.

If you're playing in bright light, the sensor bar would be the least of your problems, as you wouldn't be able to see what was happening on the screen. Thus you wouldn't know the sensor bar has problems. Thus, the problem is non-existant.

Flip said:
If you're playing in bright light, the sensor bar would be the least of your problems, as you wouldn't be able to see what was happening on the screen. Thus you wouldn't know the sensor bar has problems. Thus, the problem is non-existant.

You'd be blind. xD

Flip said:
This is probably Sony propaganda. They're doing anything they can to give the Wii a bad rep.

"The Wii is too expensive." xD I think sony needs to listen to that kid freaking out on the radio.

Flip said:
This is probably Sony propaganda. They're doing anything they can to give the Wii a bad rep.

And failing miserably... all i can say now is

How the mighty have fallen

E7ernal said:
And failing miserably... all i can say now is

How the mighty have fallen
Oh, how that's true. xD
Sony... This is for you...
1143390578705.jpg

Back