Wii - setting menu not working

Andy12

WiiChat Member
Jul 14, 2007
after I press the "wii setting" option. I get a window informing that the URL is not available and a should check my internet connection. I have not configurated my internet connection and now can't even see the setting menu.
Can someone help me.

Thanks

I have already tried, I have even tried to take out the battery. But it makes no difference. The whole message is:

" You tried to access the address marc: JP/JP/JPN/index01.html, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

NEED Help?
Open the Opera help.
Goto Opera's on-line support desk. "

Is your Wii modded? It sounds like the so-called "half-brick" situation.

Last edited:
Yes I believe so. But I have solved the problem. I have changed it, I got a new one.

It is caused by attempting update while running certain game of other regions. I've read that there is actually a solution to it though.

i've also experienced this problem with my japanese wii, after i played Mario Strikers Charged Football, it somehow updated.. then after i check the menu settings it also displayed the window..

" You tried to access the address marc: JP/JP/JPN/index01.html, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

NEED Help?
Open the Opera help.
Goto Opera's on-line support desk. "

..can anyone tell me the solution?

There is a patch for ISO image to remove automatic update to prevent this from happening. And I've heard the modded US Wii half-bricked by European game update can be fixed by the US Big Brain Academy. In your case, you probably need to go a similar way with a latest released Japanese game. However, this solution has not been reported with any Japanese Wii yet.

Last edited:
Andy12 said:
after I press the "wii setting" option. I get a window informing that the URL is not available and a should check my internet connection. I have not configurated my internet connection and now can't even see the setting menu.
Can someone help me.

Thanks
Why did you post two of the exact same threads? As I said in the other thread your Wii is broken. Should have been more careful.

same how do you fix it some one help it says please connect to internet but i cant goto the seetings page?I guess its brocken forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever untill i dye help!

Why do people mod there Wii's when they know the dangers?

Is it worth it,a console with no internet is like a duck in a sandpit.

Back