wii slot in driver problem

nero81af

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
Hello! first of all wonderfull forum! I found a lot of answer to my questions but I have a problem that couldn't find an answer.

I noticed that my games are getting scratched more and more as long as I play with them..

I don't think those scratches are very problematic (very very very thin and noticiable only with a very strong light on the dvd and only in particulars point of view that said without pointing the light with an appropriate angle there isn't any visible scratch)

however is it possible for the slot in driver to scratch even very softly the disks? or this is absolutely impossible and I have to replace my wii? thank you for the answer

Hmm...Not sure, I'd wait to see what more people on here say before you take any action but that would bother me too. It would really suck to have to buy a game again because it gets scratched up like that.

well my wiisports disc was getting pretty bad in that cheap paper case so i took it and put it in the ice age 2 dvd case and switched the paper thigns lol ( the case was white too so it looks good) BUT then i noticed my twilight princess scratched, so i contacted nintendo and they sent me a long bullshit we didnt read ur email thing that had some quotes from the manual in it

long story short if you move ur wii alot then take the discs out first (like i move mine from the living room to my bedroom so i can play on a bigger tv in the living room, but from moving so much the disc spins in there freely and gets scratched on some secret nintendo disc scratching technology :crazy: but that is where i got some scratched on my TP disc tho

I just had a look at my games they too have starches, starches are going to be there whether you like it or not as long as the starches dont get too big there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

I've never moved my wii.. so I'm guessing that the problem is the slot in driver.. very bad for a nintendo product.. I'm very disapponited

nero81af said:
dunno :( I fear I have to change my wii

If you believe it is your Wii causing the damage I would contact Nintendo support asap. Make sure to mention other Wii users are not having hte same issue so they dont refer you to the manual. Also document everything, times, dates, scratches. Then if your game dies due to the scratches you have proof it was your Wii.

-Bobby

nero81af said:
(very very very thin and noticiable only with a very strong light on the dvd and only in particulars point of view that said without pointing the light with an appropriate angle there isn't any visible scratch
It sounds like your alittle paranoid i did what you did, i looked at my games under strong like and i found starches but when i removed the like i could no longer see them from what you said in your post its lead me to believe that the starches are very minor and as long as theyre very minor you have nothing to worry about

It's really easy to get TINY scratches in any disk that are visible under bright light. There's nothing to worry about until they start being readily apparent in normal lighting.

ok so if tiny scratch are normal made by the slot in driver I'll stop worring about my wii to be defective :) I will only clean the entrance with a soft brush.. that should be enough to avoid deep scratches :) thank you guys!

I checked my discs and don't see any scratches.

But if this concerns you there is a product out called d_skins protective disc skins. It's a special sleeve that snaps on the disc and gives it a protective layer. If anything is going to scratch the disc it will scratch the skin instead. If this occurs at some point you can remove the d_skin and replace it with a new one. d_skins cost about 1.00 per skin, you can prolly get them cheaper in larger quanities I bought mine in a tin 5, for like $4.99.

I haven't used any on my Wii games, but I have one on my Gears of War disc and it works great. I usually put it on a disc before I lend it out to my bro. :p

My Wii Sports one has a lot of scratches, but I don't think I might worry about 'em...

Back