Wii Sports 2 in development?

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
It was inevitable really, but in a recent interview discussing Wii Fit, Shigeru Miyamoto has hinted that the future of Wii Sports has at least already been decided upon by Nintendo.

Speaking about jogging in Wii Fit, Miyamoto said: "As we didn't know if there was going to be a Wii Sports 2 at the time or not, I gave the director a call and said to him, 'This idea's really good, and since there's no official word on Wii Sports 2, could we have it for Wii Fit?'"

There's no official word on Wii Sports 2, but considering this comment was sparked from a question about jogging, it's a fair bet we're going to see an all-new roster of sports instead of merely updates to the original.

Also within the interview, Miyamoto discussed the possibility of a 1080 Snowboarding title using the Wii Balance board, and company president Satoru Iwata said he hoped simpler software that uses the board will come via WiiWare.

sweet. link

sounds great, so long as they don't come out with some new peripheral and so long as they give it online play.

AoWFraggit said:
sounds great, so long as they don't come out with some new peripheral and so long as they give it online play.

they did say something about online play before but i cant remember it.

Nice to hear some hints by the officials. I don't think Jogging would be too "fun" unless you jogged... if not only way I could see it happen is shaking the Wiimote, or in other words, practice _________ :lol:

261311 said:
Nice to hear some hints by the officials. I don't think Jogging would be too "fun" unless you jogged... if not only way I could see it happen is shaking the Wiimote, or in other words, practice _________ :lol:

ha ha ha lolo

Wii Sports: about the only use for Miis

Seriously: I don't get the ridiculous amount of work put into the whole "Mii" thing, with the creator and "Check Mii Out" channel and such, only to have Nintendo stonewall every game developer that wants to make use of them, while at the same time not making use of them themselves. In my collection, Wii Sports and a minor trivial side-part of Mario Party 8 use them. That's it. Why even bother with them then?

sremick said:
Wii Sports: about the only use for Miis

Seriously: I don't get the ridiculous amount of work put into the whole "Mii" thing, with the creator and "Check Mii Out" channel and such, only to have Nintendo stonewall every game developer that wants to make use of them, while at the same time not making use of them themselves. In my collection, Wii Sports and a minor trivial side-part of Mario Party 8 use them. That's it. Why even bother with them then?

yeah i know eh? like on ign when some games are announced to have mii support, ign becomes all happy like its a major development. whats so special about that?

I actually think Mii's are rather stupid myself and wouldn't mind if they weren't part of the Wii experience at all. That said, with the effort Nintendo has put into them, why don't they just use the freakin' things???

Its bound to happen, most loved game amongst the casual gamers.
Hopefully online play of some sort is included this time around.

who knows? wii sports 2 might bring us our first online fps (that isn't WWII)

what i'm talking about is of course MII PAINTBALL!

AoWFraggit said:
who knows? wii sports 2 might bring us our first online fps (that isn't WWII)

what i'm talking about is of course MII PAINTBALL!

unlikely. it would be too "violent" for ninty

T3kNi9e said:
What's there to develop? ^_^

put some more sports in it and shove the online and sell it like endless ocean.:lol:

it's actually been rumored that nintendo themselves will be developing cod 5:

"Call of Duty 5: Dodge, Dip, Dive, Duck, and Dodge"

Back